|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Félicité from being able to see Loulou before her death?
2. When Mme. Aubain is finally able to go through Virginie's things, what does she find in the cupboard?
3. What does Félicité finally die of?
4. What does Félicité do for Colmiche?
5. What does Félicité decide to do with Loulou's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolic significance of the parrot? Review the parrots role in the story and create an argument that describes how the parrot functions symbolically in "A Simple Heart." As always, be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the tone of the narrator in this story. Does the narrative guide your interpretations of events or is it a neutral voice? If you argue that it does, how? If you argue that it doesn't, how does it avoid commentary?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Mme. Aubain and FÃ©licitÃ©'s reactions to Virginie's death. How do their reactions fit in with their characters in general?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)