|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stubborn trait does Loulou have that amazes Félicité?
2. What is the cause of Félicité's argument with her Polish suitor?
3. Whose debts does Mme. Aubain pay off?
4. Who tells Félicité that the house is for sale?
5. What does Mme. Aubain do for the first few months after Virginie dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The most crucial moment in FÃ©licitÃ©'s relationship with Mme. Aubain is when the two of them embrace. Analyze this scene and FÃ©licitÃ©'s reaction to the experience. How does this change her relationship with Mme. Aubain? Why is it so important to FÃ©licitÃ©? What impact does it have on the story generally?
Essay Topic 2
Love is an important theme in "A Simple Heart." How could you argue that love is actually the central subject of this story?
Essay Topic 3
Consider FÃ©licitÃ©'s relationship with her sister and her sister's family. Taking into account both their treatment of her and hers of them, what do FÃ©licitÃ©'s relationships with her family tell us about her character? Be sure to include her relationships with both Victor and her sister.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)