Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the family rests in the field, what does Paul do?
2. When Félicité was 25-years-old, how old did people think she was?
3. Where does Félicité first meet Theodore?
4. How is Félicité's voice described?
5. Where is Trouville situated in the landscape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that it struck Félicité as wrong that Mme. Aubain should die before she did?
2. Does it seem important that Félicité asks Fabu's forgiveness before she dies?
3. Do you think it's significant that Félicité misses Virginie's death because she goes back to lock up in case of thieves?
4. Do you think that Félicité's final vision is religious or delusional? Does it matter?
5. What do we learn about Félicité through her relationship with Theodore?
6. What objects stand out in Félicité's collection of objects and what relationships can you find between them?
7. What is Félicité's final vision and what might it symbolize?
8. What does the narrator say about Félicité's age and appearance and why might this be an important detail?
9. Does it seem surprising that Félicité's voice is shrill? Why do you think this detail is included in her description?
10. Why do you think Félicité is hurt by people's jokes about Loulou?
Compare and contrast Virginie and Victor. FÃ©licitÃ© considers them to share the same place in her heart. What similarities of character and situation contribute to this sense for the reader? What differences distinguish them?
Love is an important theme in "A Simple Heart." How could you argue that love is actually the central subject of this story?
Describe and analyze FÃ©licitÃ©'s relationship to religion and the divine. You might consider in particular the ways in which she seeks to draw literal relationships between descriptions and stories of God, or the divine and her literal earthly world. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 1,537 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)