|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose debts does Mme. Aubain pay off?
(d) M. Bourais'.
2. Who does Mme. Aubain dream of after Virignie's death?
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her parents.
3. What task does Félicité perform for Paul?
(a) She writes at his dictation.
(b) She mends his clothes.
(c) She knits him socks.
(d) She packs him a basket of food to take home.
4. What color is Virginie's grave stone?
5. Why doesn't Félicité have any repairs done to the house?
(a) She doesn't notice.
(b) She is afraid she'll be evicted.
(c) She doesn't know who to ask.
(d) She is too poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mme. Aubain is finally able to go through Virginie's things, what does she find in the cupboard?
2. What does Félicité do after Virginie goes to school?
3. What news does Félicité receive in a letter that Mme. Aubain reads to her?
4. What emotion does Félicité feel when she remembers Loulou's life?
5. Who causes the bird to laugh uncontrollably?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)