|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mme. Aubain leave to Félicité when she dies?
(a) All her property except the house.
(b) A small pension, but enough for her to live on.
(c) A small pension that will last her three years.
2. Who leaves town after Virginie dies?
(a) The Polish refugees.
(c) M. Bourais.
(d) Mme. Aubain.
3. What color is Virginie's grave stone?
4. What condition is Loulou in at the time of Félicité's death?
(a) Beautiful and well kept.
(b) Mouldy and eaten by maggots.
(c) Faded almost to white.
(d) Torn and ragged.
5. Who tells Félicité that the house is for sale?
(a) Paul's wife.
(b) The apothecary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who causes the bird to laugh uncontrollably?
2. What happens when Paul visits his mother?
3. What does Mme. Aubain feel when she is finally able to visit Virginie's grave?
4. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
5. Who commits suicide?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)