|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mme. Aubain deal with her grief when Virginie goes away to school?
(a) She cries for days.
(b) She locks herself in her room for a week.
(c) Through socializing and writing letters.
(d) She takes long solitary walks.
2. Why does Félicité run ten miles in her clogs?
(a) To see Virginie at school.
(b) To see Theodore.
(c) To say goodbye to Paul.
(d) To tend to her sister during childbirth.
3. What sends Félicité into ecstasies?
(a) Memories of Paul and Virginie.
(b) The kindness of her friends.
(c) When the sun catches Loulou's glass eye.
(d) The image of the Holy Spirit as a dove.
4. Who moves to Pont-l'Eveque shortly Virginie dies?
(c) The Baron de Larsonniere.
(d) Félicité's family.
5. Why does Mme. de Larsonniere give Mme. Aubain a gift?
(a) She is moving away and can't keep it.
(b) She is bribing Mme. Aubain.
(c) She hopes Mme. Aubain will befriend her.
(d) It is Mme. Aubain's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Félicité from being able to see Loulou before her death?
2. What is Félicité's response to Virginie receiving her first communion?
3. Where does Paul spend much of his time?
4. What do the boys in town do to Colmiche?
5. Who does Félicité begin to see frequently after Virginie goes away to school?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)