|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mme. Aubain and Félicité spread out on the bed when they are going through Virginie's things?
(a) Toys and books.
(b) Virginie's paintings and needlework.
(c) Petticoats, stockings, and handkerchiefs.
(d) Dresses, shirts, and coats.
2. What does Paul's wife do with Mme. Aubain's home and belongings?
(a) She sells everything without visiting.
(b) She gives everything to Félicité.
(c) She takes all the furniture.
(d) She takes a few items and sells the rest.
3. What is the rumor about Colmiche?
(a) That he is a thief.
(b) That he has illegitimate children.
(c) That he committed terrible atrocities.
(d) That he beat his wife.
4. What is the cause of Félicité's argument with her Polish suitor?
(a) He eats a salad she had prepared for Mme. Aubain's lunch.
(b) He refuses to acknowledge Felicite's attachment to Mme. Aubain's family.
(c) He tells her he has a wife in Poland.
(d) He reveals that he has a child.
5. What does Mme. Aubain feel when she is finally able to visit Virginie's grave?
(a) Comfort and consolation.
(b) An even more terrible sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinctive trait does Félicité develop due to a fit of giddiness?
2. Where does Paul spend much of his time?
3. What does Félicité suspect might be the cause of Loulou's death?
4. How old is Mme. Aubain when she dies?
5. How does Félicité meet her Polish suitor?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)