|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul's wife do with Mme. Aubain's home and belongings?
(a) She takes all the furniture.
(b) She gives everything to Félicité.
(c) She sells everything without visiting.
(d) She takes a few items and sells the rest.
2. What distinctive trait does Félicité develop due to a fit of giddiness?
(a) Her head shakes.
(b) She develops a hunchback.
(c) She drags one leg.
(d) She has a nervous twitch.
3. What do the boys in town do to Colmiche?
(a) Carry him water from the well.
(b) Buy his groceries for him.
(c) Spy on him and throw stones at him.
(d) Call him names and beat him with a stick.
4. What does Félicité do after she receives her letter?
(a) Responds to the letter.
(b) Cleans her room.
(c) The laundry.
(d) Walks to the market.
5. What task does Félicité perform for Paul?
(a) She packs him a basket of food to take home.
(b) She knits him socks.
(c) She writes at his dictation.
(d) She mends his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul decide to do after he gets a job in the Registry Office?
2. What event rouses Félicité's interest when she can no longer speak to people?
3. What is Félicité's gift for the Corpus Christi procession?
4. How does Mme. Aubain deal with her grief when Virginie goes away to school?
5. What is the cause of Félicité's argument with her Polish suitor?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)