|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys in town do to Colmiche?
(a) Carry him water from the well.
(b) Spy on him and throw stones at him.
(c) Buy his groceries for him.
(d) Call him names and beat him with a stick.
2. After Virginie dies, what does Félicité do every day?
(a) Visits Virginie's grave.
(b) Dusts Virginie's room.
(c) Dreams of her during her afternoon nap.
(d) Prays for Virginie in church.
3. Why does Félicité think that the Holy Spirit was more likely to have been a parrot than a dove?
(a) She sees it in a dream.
(b) Because parrots can talk.
(c) Because parrots are more colorful.
(d) She has a vision.
4. Why does Mme. de Larsonniere give Mme. Aubain a gift?
(a) She hopes Mme. Aubain will befriend her.
(b) It is Mme. Aubain's birthday.
(c) She is bribing Mme. Aubain.
(d) She is moving away and can't keep it.
5. What causes Félicité to catch tonsillitis?
(a) She is accidentally locked out of the house in a storm.
(b) She contracts it from Mme. Aubain.
(c) Her long search for Loulou.
(d) She contracts it while nursing a sick soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mme. Aubain and Félicité walk together, what do they talk about?
2. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
3. What does Félicité do after she receives her letter?
4. What about Félicité causes Bourais to feel a mixture of amusement and contempt for her?
5. What sends Félicité into ecstasies?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)