|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mme. Aubain is finally able to go through Virginie's things, what does she find in the cupboard?
(d) A diary.
2. Who commits suicide?
(a) Félicité's sister.
(c) Mme. Aubain.
(d) M. Bourais.
3. What illness does Virginie acquire?
(d) Small pox.
4. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
(a) Mme. Aubain expresses gratitude for Félicité's help.
(b) Mme. Aubain gives Félicité a gift.
(c) They pray together.
(d) They embrace.
5. Who does Félicité begin to see frequently after Virginie goes away to school?
(a) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul decide to do after he gets a job in the Registry Office?
2. What task does Félicité perform for Paul?
3. Where does Paul spend much of his time?
4. What news does Félicité receive in a letter that Mme. Aubain reads to her?
5. Who does Mme. Aubain dream of after Virignie's death?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)