|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Mme. Aubain receive from Mme. de Larsonniere?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A valuable book.
(c) Two laying hens.
2. What condition is Loulou in at the time of Félicité's death?
(a) Mouldy and eaten by maggots.
(b) Torn and ragged.
(c) Faded almost to white.
(d) Beautiful and well kept.
3. What do Paul's parents tell him to do when he visits Félicité?
(a) Tell her that they send their regards.
(b) Take her arm when they walk to Vespers.
(c) Be kind.
(d) Bring home as many things as he can.
4. What part of the catechism class does Félicité find beautiful and interesting?
(a) Memorizing the prayers.
(b) The songs.
(c) Church dogma.
(d) The summary of the Holy Scriptures.
5. What about Félicité causes Bourais to feel a mixture of amusement and contempt for her?
(a) Her ignorance of geography.
(b) Her excessive affection for Mme. Aubain's children.
(c) Her handwriting.
(d) Her origins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves to Pont-l'Eveque shortly Virginie dies?
2. How does Mme. Aubain deal with her grief when Virginie goes away to school?
3. What is the parrot's first illness?
4. Whose debts does Mme. Aubain pay off?
5. Who causes the bird to laugh uncontrollably?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)