|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Félicité's argument with her Polish suitor?
(a) He refuses to acknowledge Felicite's attachment to Mme. Aubain's family.
(b) He reveals that he has a child.
(c) He eats a salad she had prepared for Mme. Aubain's lunch.
(d) He tells her he has a wife in Poland.
2. What about Félicité causes Bourais to feel a mixture of amusement and contempt for her?
(a) Her origins.
(b) Her handwriting.
(c) Her excessive affection for Mme. Aubain's children.
(d) Her ignorance of geography.
3. What happens when Paul visits his mother?
(a) He gets married.
(b) His fiance hurts Félicité's feelings.
(c) He falls down the stairs and hurts his knee.
(d) He is cruel to his mother.
4. What does Mme. Aubain leave to Félicité when she dies?
(a) A small pension that will last her three years.
(b) A small pension, but enough for her to live on.
(c) All her property except the house.
5. What is the only thing that holds Mme. Aubain's interest after Virginie dies?
(a) Her walks with Félicité.
(b) Looking through Virginie's drawings.
(c) Paul's letters.
(d) Playing music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is opposed to the idea of Virginie attending a boarding school?
2. What or who does Félicité begin to associate with the parrot?
3. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
4. How does Félicité meet her Polish suitor?
5. What does Félicité do after she receives her letter?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)