|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
(a) They embrace.
(b) Mme. Aubain gives Félicité a gift.
(c) They pray together.
(d) Mme. Aubain expresses gratitude for Félicité's help.
2. What prevents Félicité from being able to see Loulou before her death?
(a) Loulou is on the alter.
(b) Nothing: Loulou is the last thing she sees.
(c) Her eyes are swollen closed.
(d) She is blind.
3. What does Félicité do after she receives her letter?
(a) The laundry.
(b) Responds to the letter.
(c) Walks to the market.
(d) Cleans her room.
4. What is Félicité's gift for the Corpus Christi procession?
(a) Her rosary.
(b) A gold chain she recieved from Virginie.
(c) Her inheritance from Mme. Aubain.
5. When Mme. Aubain and Félicité walk together, what do they talk about?
(a) Virginie and Paul.
(b) Mme. Aubain's husband.
(d) Mme. Aubain's childhood.
6. Who leaves town after Virginie dies?
(a) Mme. Aubain.
(b) The Polish refugees.
(c) M. Bourais.
7. What does Félicité consider doing shortly after she gets Loulou back?
(a) Move back to her hometown.
(b) Retire from Mme. Aubain's service.
(c) Get married.
(d) Join a sisterhood.
8. What condition is Loulou in at the time of Félicité's death?
(a) Faded almost to white.
(b) Beautiful and well kept.
(c) Mouldy and eaten by maggots.
(d) Torn and ragged.
9. What does Paul decide to do after he gets a job in the Registry Office?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move his mother to the city.
(c) Move to Germany.
(d) Give up gambling.
10. What does Félicité say to Fabu?
(a) She apologizes for suspecting him of murdering Loulou.
(b) She thanks him for his kindness to Loulou.
(c) She tells him that she leaves him Loulou.
(d) She encourages him to go to confession more frequently.
11. What does Félicité do after Virginie goes to school?
(a) She devotes herself to cooking elaborate meals.
(b) She goes into Virginie's room and looks at the walls.
(c) She starts a vegetable garden.
(d) She carries one of Virginie's handkerchiefs.
12. What remedy was attempted to relieve Mme. Aubain's difficulty breathing?
13. Why does Félicité feel it is wrong for Mme. Aubain to die before her?
(a) She believes servants should die before their masters.
(b) She feels it is unfair of God to take the last person she loves away from her.
(c) She believes the doctor is guilty of malpractice.
(d) She believes Mme. Aubain has a responsibility to take care of her.
14. What is the cause of Félicité's argument with her Polish suitor?
(a) He reveals that he has a child.
(b) He refuses to acknowledge Felicite's attachment to Mme. Aubain's family.
(c) He eats a salad she had prepared for Mme. Aubain's lunch.
(d) He tells her he has a wife in Poland.
15. What does Félicité decide to do with Loulou's body?
(a) Casts it into the ocean.
(b) Cremates it.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Has it stuffed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Félicité run ten miles in her clogs?
2. After Virginie dies, what does Félicité do every day?
3. What does Paul's wife do with Mme. Aubain's home and belongings?
4. Who comes by to chop wood and draw water for Félicité?
5. What do the boys in town do to Colmiche?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)