|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Paul visits his mother?
(a) His fiance hurts Félicité's feelings.
(b) He is cruel to his mother.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He falls down the stairs and hurts his knee.
2. Who comes by to chop wood and draw water for Félicité?
(b) M. Bourais.
(c) The priest.
(d) Mme. Simon.
3. What event rouses Félicité's interest when she can no longer speak to people?
(b) The procession of Corpus Christi.
(c) Weekly mass.
4. What does Félicité consider doing shortly after she gets Loulou back?
(a) Move back to her hometown.
(b) Get married.
(c) Retire from Mme. Aubain's service.
(d) Join a sisterhood.
5. Why doesn't Félicité have any repairs done to the house?
(a) She doesn't know who to ask.
(b) She is afraid she'll be evicted.
(c) She doesn't notice.
(d) She is too poor.
6. What remedy was attempted to relieve Mme. Aubain's difficulty breathing?
7. Where does Paul spend much of his time?
(a) At home.
(b) At school.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the tavern.
8. How old is Mme. Aubain when she dies?
9. What is the only thing that holds Mme. Aubain's interest after Virginie dies?
(a) Looking through Virginie's drawings.
(b) Paul's letters.
(c) Playing music.
(d) Her walks with Félicité.
10. Who commits suicide?
(a) Félicité's sister.
(c) Mme. Aubain.
(d) M. Bourais.
11. What causes Félicité to catch tonsillitis?
(a) She contracts it from Mme. Aubain.
(b) Her long search for Loulou.
(c) She contracts it while nursing a sick soldier.
(d) She is accidentally locked out of the house in a storm.
12. What does Mme. Aubain do that offends Félicité?
(a) Gives her an old dress.
(b) Fails to notice her increasing depression.
(c) Disregards her concern for her nephew.
(d) Refuses to share the contents of her daughter's letter.
13. What does Félicité suspect might be the cause of Loulou's death?
(a) She thinks he was poisoned with parsley.
(b) She thinks she fed him the wrong medication.
(c) She thinks he was placed too close to the fire.
(d) She thinks he had a heart attack.
14. What does Félicité do after Virginie goes to school?
(a) She carries one of Virginie's handkerchiefs.
(b) She devotes herself to cooking elaborate meals.
(c) She starts a vegetable garden.
(d) She goes into Virginie's room and looks at the walls.
15. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
(a) Mme. Aubain gives Félicité a gift.
(b) They pray together.
(c) Mme. Aubain expresses gratitude for Félicité's help.
(d) They embrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Félicité run ten miles in her clogs?
2. What does Mme. Aubain feel when she is finally able to visit Virginie's grave?
3. What do Mme. Aubain and Félicité spread out on the bed when they are going through Virginie's things?
4. What is one of the results of Félicité's increasing deafness?
5. What is Félicité's gift for the Corpus Christi procession?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)