|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs while Mme. Aubain and Félicité are going through Virginie's room that engenders a deep sense of devotion in Félicité toward Mme. Aubain?
(a) Mme. Aubain gives Félicité a gift.
(b) Mme. Aubain expresses gratitude for Félicité's help.
(c) They pray together.
(d) They embrace.
2. What distinctive trait does Félicité develop due to a fit of giddiness?
(a) She has a nervous twitch.
(b) Her head shakes.
(c) She develops a hunchback.
(d) She drags one leg.
3. What condition is Loulou in at the time of Félicité's death?
(a) Torn and ragged.
(b) Beautiful and well kept.
(c) Faded almost to white.
(d) Mouldy and eaten by maggots.
4. When Mme. Aubain and Félicité walk together, what do they talk about?
(b) Mme. Aubain's childhood.
(c) Mme. Aubain's husband.
(d) Virginie and Paul.
5. What is the rumor about Colmiche?
(a) That he is a thief.
(b) That he has illegitimate children.
(c) That he beat his wife.
(d) That he committed terrible atrocities.
6. What does Félicité say to Fabu?
(a) She tells him that she leaves him Loulou.
(b) She apologizes for suspecting him of murdering Loulou.
(c) She encourages him to go to confession more frequently.
(d) She thanks him for his kindness to Loulou.
7. Why does Félicité feel it is wrong for Mme. Aubain to die before her?
(a) She believes Mme. Aubain has a responsibility to take care of her.
(b) She believes the doctor is guilty of malpractice.
(c) She believes servants should die before their masters.
(d) She feels it is unfair of God to take the last person she loves away from her.
8. Who does Mme. Aubain dream of after Virignie's death?
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her husband.
9. What do the boys in town do to Colmiche?
(a) Spy on him and throw stones at him.
(b) Buy his groceries for him.
(c) Call him names and beat him with a stick.
(d) Carry him water from the well.
10. What emotion does Félicité feel when she remembers Loulou's life?
11. What is the cause of Félicité's argument with her Polish suitor?
(a) He refuses to acknowledge Felicite's attachment to Mme. Aubain's family.
(b) He eats a salad she had prepared for Mme. Aubain's lunch.
(c) He reveals that he has a child.
(d) He tells her he has a wife in Poland.
12. What remedy was attempted to relieve Mme. Aubain's difficulty breathing?
13. What illness does Virginie acquire?
(d) Small pox.
14. Who does Félicité begin to see frequently after Virginie goes away to school?
(c) The doctor.
15. Who leaves town after Virginie dies?
(a) Mme. Aubain.
(b) M. Bourais.
(c) The Polish refugees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stubborn trait does Loulou have that amazes Félicité?
2. Where does Paul spend much of his time?
3. What part of the catechism class does Félicité find beautiful and interesting?
4. How does Fabu feel after Félicité speaks to him?
5. What does Félicité do for Colmiche?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)