|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items did Félicité buy for her sister's family?
(a) A blanket, shirts, and stove.
(b) Winter coats and boots.
(c) Mattresses for the children.
(d) Clothes and shoes.
2. What happens to Mme. Aubain's husband?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) He leaves her.
(c) He dies.
(d) He's sent to jail.
3. How does Paul make the journey to Tocqueville?
(a) On a donkey.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In a carriage.
4. When the family rests in the field, what does Paul do?
(a) He lays out the picnic.
(b) He chases animals with his bow.
(c) He plays cards.
(d) He is bored and itches to move on.
5. What is piled on the piano?
(b) Music scores.
(c) China plates.
(d) Packets and cardboard boxes.
6. Who looks after the management of Mme. Aubain's property?
(a) Mme. Aubain.
(c) The Liebards.
(d) M. Bourais.
7. How are the easy chairs in the living room upholstered?
8. What is unusual about the floors in Mme. Aubain's house?
(a) They are dirt.
(b) They are at different levels.
(c) They are marble.
(d) They are concrete.
9. What is Félicité's first job as a girl?
(a) A cook.
(b) To watch children.
(d) To look after cows.
10. When Félicité was 25-years-old, how old did people think she was?
11. How does Virginie make the journey to Tocqueville?
(a) In a carriage with her mother.
(b) M. Liebard carries her on his horse with him.
(c) On a horse with Félicité.
(d) She walks.
12. What does Theodore do that makes marrying Félicité impossible?
(a) He dies.
(b) He moves to Holland.
(c) He marries another woman.
(d) He joins the army.
13. What are some of Félicité's chores?
(a) Bridle a horse, the washing, feeding the chickens.
(b) Milk the cow, scythe the yard, and drive the carriage.
(c) Nurse the children and tidy the nursery.
(d) Various carpentry jobs around the house.
14. What does Félicité do when the family rests in the field?
(a) Gathers flowers.
(b) Gathers berries.
(c) Plays with Virginie.
(d) Serves the picnic.
15. What does the clock in the living room look like?
(a) An old sundial.
(b) A normal clock.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) The Temple of Vesta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item lasted Félicité 20 days?
2. How is the Liebards' place in Troqueville described?
3. Why does the family move back home?
4. What was the most exciting part of the day in Trouville?
5. Where does Félicité sleep?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)