|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as the despair of the other housemaids?
(a) The draper's son.
(b) Mme. Aubain's temper.
(c) Félicité's loyalty to her mistress.
(d) The spotless state of Félicité's saucepans.
2. Where is Félicité's bedroom?
(a) On the second floor.
(b) In the guest house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Next to the living room.
3. Who in Félicité's family always kept out of sight?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Her nieces.
4. When the family rests in the field, what does Paul do?
(a) He is bored and itches to move on.
(b) He lays out the picnic.
(c) He plays cards.
(d) He chases animals with his bow.
5. Why does the family move back home?
(a) Paul needed to prepare to leave for school.
(b) Mme. Aubain missed her house.
(c) Virginie's cough resumed.
(d) Félicité had to return to tend to seasonal work.
6. How does Félicité feel after her heroic event?
(a) She is proud of herself.
(b) She cannot stop talking about it.
(c) She feels strangely sad.
(d) She focuses her attention on Virginie.
7. What was Mme. Aubain's annual income?
(a) One hundred thousand francs.
(b) Nine hundred francs.
(c) Fifty thousand francs.
(d) Five thousand francs.
8. How is Félicité's voice described?
9. Where is Trouville situated in the landscape?
(a) In the plains.
(b) Deep in a valley,
(c) At the top of a mountain.
(d) At the bottom of a hill.
10. Where does Félicité sleep?
(a) In her arm chair.
(b) On the sofa.
(d) In her room.
11. Which relative of Mme. Aubain's frequently comes to visit?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her father.
12. What is unusual about the floors in Mme. Aubain's house?
(a) They are concrete.
(b) They are at different levels.
(c) They are marble.
(d) They are dirt.
13. Who looks after the management of Mme. Aubain's property?
(a) The Liebards.
(b) Mme. Aubain.
(c) M. Bourais.
14. Why does Mme. Aubain have to sell the majority of her properties?
(a) She wanted the money to travel.
(b) Her son lost them gambling.
(c) Because her husband ran into debt.
(d) She needed money for her daughter's wedding.
15. What is Félicité's first job when she starts working for Mme. Aubain?
(c) Dairy maid.
(d) Lady's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginie do while the family is on their outing?
2. What smell pervades the living room?
3. Why does Felicite leave the farm she was working at while she dated Theodore?
4. How is the Liebards' place in Troqueville described?
5. Who does Félicité hear Liebard talk about from her past?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)