|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Félicité's family always kept out of sight?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
2. Why does Mme. Aubain have to sell the majority of her properties?
(a) She needed money for her daughter's wedding.
(b) Because her husband ran into debt.
(c) Her son lost them gambling.
(d) She wanted the money to travel.
3. What decoration is prominent in Mme. Aubain's bedroom?
(a) A portrait of her husband.
(b) Portraits of the children.
(c) A portrait of herself.
(d) A portrait of her mother.
4. When Félicité was 25-years-old, how old did people think she was?
5. What smell pervades the living room?
(c) Fumes from the kitchen.
6. What is the last thing Félicité does before going to sleep?
(a) Write a letter to her sister.
(c) Cover the fire with ashes.
(d) Read her bible.
7. How are the easy chairs in the living room upholstered?
8. Who looks after the management of Mme. Aubain's property?
(a) Mme. Aubain.
(b) M. Bourais.
(c) The Liebards.
9. How does Félicité lose her first job?
(a) She is accused of theft.
(b) She quits.
(c) She is offerred another job.
(d) She is injured.
10. How long does Félicité's family stay on their first visit?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
11. Who reads to Félicité for the first time in her life?
(a) Mme. Aubain.
(c) M. Bourais.
12. Who struggles the most when Paul goes away?
(c) Mme. Aubain.
13. Where is Trouville situated in the landscape?
(a) At the top of a mountain.
(b) In the plains.
(c) At the bottom of a hill.
(d) Deep in a valley,
14. What is unusual about the children's beds?
(a) They are propped up against the wall.
(b) The mattresses are removed.
(c) They are huge.
(d) They don't have beds.
15. What is Félicité's first job when she starts working for Mme. Aubain?
(a) Dairy maid.
(c) Lady's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Félicité's bedroom?
2. What is Félicité's first job as a girl?
3. What does the clock in the living room look like?
4. What does Félicité do when the family rests in the field?
5. What does Theodore do that makes marrying Félicité impossible?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)