|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the clock in the living room look like?
(a) An old sundial.
(b) A normal clock.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) The Temple of Vesta.
2. Where is Mme. Aubain's house located?
(a) In the country.
(b) Behind the market.
(c) Beside her old house.
(d) Next to a stable.
3. What happens to Mme. Aubain's husband?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) He's sent to jail.
(d) He dies.
4. What is unusual about the children's beds?
(a) The mattresses are removed.
(b) They are propped up against the wall.
(c) They don't have beds.
(d) They are huge.
5. What is placed against the wainscoting in the living room?
(a) A bed.
(b) A stove.
(c) A couch.
6. What is described as the despair of the other housemaids?
(a) The draper's son.
(b) The spotless state of Félicité's saucepans.
(c) Mme. Aubain's temper.
(d) Félicité's loyalty to her mistress.
7. Which relative of Mme. Aubain's frequently comes to visit?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her brother.
8. Who looks after the management of Mme. Aubain's property?
(b) Mme. Aubain.
(c) The Liebards.
(d) M. Bourais.
9. Who does Félicité find while she is in Trouville?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
10. How long have Félicité and Mme. Aubain been in this relationship?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Half a century.
(c) Since Félicité was born.
(d) It is entirely new.
11. What is peculiar about Félicité's appearance?
(a) She doesn't have any teeth.
(b) She has a limp.
(c) She is a hunchback.
(d) She doesn't appear to age.
12. When Félicité was 25-years-old, how old did people think she was?
13. How does Félicité lose her first job?
(a) She quits.
(b) She is injured.
(c) She is accused of theft.
(d) She is offerred another job.
14. What does Virginie do while the family is on their outing?
(a) Entertains Paul.
(c) Feeds rabbits and gathers cornflowers.
(d) Sits quietly with her mother and Félicité.
15. Where does Félicité first meet Theodore?
(a) At work.
(b) At a dance.
(c) In her sister's house.
(d) In the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. On nice days, where do Félicité and the Aubain family go?
2. What is the last thing Félicité does before going to sleep?
3. How are the easy chairs in the living room upholstered?
4. What was Mme. Aubain's annual income?
5. What particularly bothered Mme. Aubain about the way that Félicité's family behaved?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)