|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Félicité's family stay on their first visit?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. What kind of a wage does Félicité earn?
3. When the family rests in the field, what does Paul do?
(a) He plays cards.
(b) He chases animals with his bow.
(c) He lays out the picnic.
(d) He is bored and itches to move on.
4. When Félicité was 25-years-old, how old did people think she was?
5. How many properties does Mme. Aubain still own?
6. What cure does the doctor recommend for Virginie's nervous complaint?
(a) Sea bathing.
(d) Water and gruel.
7. What does the clock in the living room look like?
(a) Notre Dame.
(b) An old sundial.
(c) The Temple of Vesta.
(d) A normal clock.
8. Who does Félicité find while she is in Trouville?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
9. How are the easy chairs in the living room upholstered?
10. How does Virginie make the journey to Tocqueville?
(a) M. Liebard carries her on his horse with him.
(b) On a horse with Félicité.
(c) In a carriage with her mother.
(d) She walks.
11. What does the narrator consider "a remainder of better days"?
(a) The house.
(b) Mme. Aubain's children.
(c) Mme. Aubain's clothing.
(d) Drawings and etchings.
12. What is unusual about the floors in Mme. Aubain's house?
(a) They are dirt.
(b) They are concrete.
(c) They are marble.
(d) They are at different levels.
13. Where is Trouville situated in the landscape?
(a) At the top of a mountain.
(b) In the plains.
(c) Deep in a valley,
(d) At the bottom of a hill.
14. What particularly bothered Mme. Aubain about the way that Félicité's family behaved?
(a) The familiar way that Félicité's nephew spoke to Paul.
(b) The familiar way that Félicité's sister spoke to Mme. Aubain.
(c) Their clothing and appearance.
(d) Their accent.
15. Who struggles the most when Paul goes away?
(d) Mme. Aubain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Mme. Aubain's frequently comes to visit?
2. What is unusual about the children's beds?
3. What food item lasted Félicité 20 days?
4. On nice days, where do Félicité and the Aubain family go?
5. What hangs above the piano?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)