|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul make the journey to Tocqueville?
(a) On a donkey.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On foot.
2. The narrator describes Félicité as being made out of what material?
3. How many properties does Mme. Aubain still own?
4. How does Félicité lose her first job?
(a) She is injured.
(b) She is offerred another job.
(c) She is accused of theft.
(d) She quits.
5. What does Virginie wear to bathe?
(a) Her chemise.
(b) A bathing suit.
(d) A nightgown.
6. What kind of a mantle is in the living room?
(a) Rustic wood.
(b) Victorian style.
7. Where does Félicité sleep?
(a) In her arm chair.
(b) In her room.
(c) On the sofa.
8. What does Virginie do while the family is on their outing?
(a) Feeds rabbits and gathers cornflowers.
(b) Entertains Paul.
(d) Sits quietly with her mother and Félicité.
9. What was Mme. Aubain's annual income?
(a) One hundred thousand francs.
(b) Nine hundred francs.
(c) Fifty thousand francs.
(d) Five thousand francs.
10. When the family rests in the field, what does Paul do?
(a) He lays out the picnic.
(b) He plays cards.
(c) He is bored and itches to move on.
(d) He chases animals with his bow.
11. Who in Félicité's family always kept out of sight?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her nieces.
12. What color is the wainscoting in the living room?
13. How long does Félicité's family stay on their first visit?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
14. How is Mme. Aubain's bedroom described?
(a) Narrow but with high ceilings.
(b) Average size.
(c) Very small.
(d) Very large.
15. Which relative of Mme. Aubain's frequently comes to visit?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new activity do Félicité and Virginie begin at Christmas time?
2. What does the narrator consider "a remainder of better days"?
3. How is the Liebards' place in Troqueville described?
4. What is unusual about the children's beds?
5. What is described as the despair of the other housemaids?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)