|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Félicité's gift for the Corpus Christi procession?
(b) Her rosary.
(c) Her inheritance from Mme. Aubain.
(d) A gold chain she recieved from Virginie.
2. Who in Félicité's family always kept out of sight?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her nieces.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
3. Why does the family move back home?
(a) Virginie's cough resumed.
(b) Félicité had to return to tend to seasonal work.
(c) Mme. Aubain missed her house.
(d) Paul needed to prepare to leave for school.
4. Who offers advice about where Paul should go to school?
(a) Félicité's brother-in-law.
(b) M. Bourais.
(c) The priest.
(d) Mme. Liebard.
5. What illness does Virginie acquire?
(c) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Félicité the most about the prospect of selling the house?
2. What about Félicité causes Bourais to feel a mixture of amusement and contempt for her?
3. How does Paul make the journey to Tocqueville?
4. When Mme. Aubain and Félicité walk together, what do they talk about?
5. What do the boys in town do to Colmiche?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)