1. What is Félicité's relationship to Mme. Aubain?
2. How long have Félicité and Mme. Aubain been in this relationship?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Half a century.
(c) It is entirely new.
(d) Since Félicité was born.
3. What kind of a wage does Félicité earn?
4. What are some of Félicité's chores?
(a) Milk the cow, scythe the yard, and drive the carriage.
(b) Bridle a horse, the washing, feeding the chickens.
(c) Various carpentry jobs around the house.
(d) Nurse the children and tidy the nursery.
5. What happens to Mme. Aubain's husband?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) He leaves her.
(c) He dies.
(d) He's sent to jail.
6. How is Mme. Aubain's husband described?
(a) Kind but careless with money.
(b) Cruel and extravagant.
(c) Handsome but impecunious.
(d) A rake and a spendthrift.
7. Why does Mme. Aubain have to sell the majority of her properties?
(a) She wanted the money to travel.
(b) Her son lost them gambling.
(c) Because her husband ran into debt.
(d) She needed money for her daughter's wedding.
This section contains 4,377 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)