1. What is Félicité's relationship to Mme. Aubain?
2. How long have Félicité and Mme. Aubain been in this relationship?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Half a century.
(c) It is entirely new.
(d) Since Félicité was born.
3. What kind of a wage does Félicité earn?
4. What are some of Félicité's chores?
(a) Milk the cow, scythe the yard, and drive the carriage.
(b) Various carpentry jobs around the house.
(c) Nurse the children and tidy the nursery.
(d) Bridle a horse, the washing, feeding the chickens.
5. What happens to Mme. Aubain's husband?
(a) He's sent to jail.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) He dies.
(d) He leaves her.
6. How is Mme. Aubain's husband described?
(a) Handsome but impecunious.
(b) Cruel and extravagant.
(c) A rake and a spendthrift.
(d) Kind but careless with money.
7. Why does Mme. Aubain have to sell the majority of her properties?
(a) She needed money for her daughter's wedding.
(b) She wanted the money to travel.
(c) Her son lost them gambling.
(d) Because her husband ran into debt.
This section contains 4,377 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)