• FÃ©licitÃ© is introduced as an extraordinary maidservant under Mme. Aubain.
• Mme. Aubain is introduced as a widow who was forced to sell off nearly all of her property after her husband died, leaving her and her two children in significant debt.
• Mme. Aubain's house is described as small and unassuming, but with furniture and belongings left over from better, more affluent days.
• FÃ©licitÃ© is described as appearing ageless, wasting nothing, always looking out for Mme. Aubain's interests, and wearing the same clothes year round.
• FÃ©licitÃ©'s parents die while she is very young and her first job is on a farm where she is beaten and eventually dismissed due to a false allegation of theft.
• When FÃ©licitÃ© is a bit older, she meets a young man named Theodore who leads her on by telling her he wants to marry her, but eventually...
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)