|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many clan Warchief's died in the betrayal?
2. What is the name of the Hadati?
3. Who does Jimmy ask Martin to kill?
4. What did Martin fear would happen to Arutha if Anita died?
5. What was the name of the girl who projected her thoughts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was given to Arutha before he left the Abbey?
2. What did Micah say about Jimmy's wanting to be Duke of Krondor?
3. Describe Elvandar.
4. Galain explained that he would leave a trail and Arutha was concerned that the Moredhel could follow the same trail. Why couldn't they?
5. What joke did Jimmy make that made the Prince laugh out loud for the first time since Anita was incapacitated?
6. How did Rogan come to find Gamina and why did they journey to Stardock?
7. Why does the Hadati decide to take up with the Prince?
8. What was the first thing Jimmy said he would do when he got back? Why did he say this?
9. What did the thing that descended in flight from the heavens look like?
10. Discuss Milamber/Pug's fall from grace and his subsequent disbranding of being a Great One?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the novel as a whole. Where were the novel's weak points? Where was it strongest? What would you improve and how? Discuss the themes and plot twists as possibilities that need improving.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Arutha and Laurie's relationships. How are they similar? How are they different? Which kind of relationship would you rather be in and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Pug's return to Kelewan. Why didn't his wife want him returning? What dangers were there posed on his life? What good did Pug seek to learn while he was there? What good did he do while there?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)