|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Pug troubled at hearing Macros' voice?
2. Who was Shimone?
3. Arutha hid what emotion at the end of chapter twelve?
4. To what end have the monks expanded the storage areas?
5. What is the name of the Hadati?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the thing that descended in flight from the heavens look like?
2. What was given to Arutha before he left the Abbey?
3. Why does Jimmy ask Martin to kill one of the humans?
4. What are the Black Slayers?
5. What was said to Baru to get him to sheath his sword when he saw Murad?
6. What did Rogan describe?
7. Who do those at Sarth serve and what do they do?
8. What does the prophecy have to do with Arutha?
9. What was the ultimate in shame and punishment for a warrior and why?
10. Why do the magicians assume that the Dark Power is from Kelewan and traveled through the Rift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political workings on Kelewan. How are they different from the political workings on Midkemia and Earth? How are they, in some ways, similar? Discuss what kinds of things would have to change in Earthly politics for Kelewanese politics to actually be applicable.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the organization of the Mockers. What would this kind of organization be called on Earth? What information leads you to this conclusion? Would an organization like the Mockers succeed in our world? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his torture and that of his friends, Pug attempts to remain in control of his emotions to find a solution to the problem he was facing. How is this a difficult task to endeavor? What kind of mind does it take to succeed at such a trial? What does this say for Pug's character?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)