|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the creatures that live beneath the ice?
2. What had finding Anita's cure become?
3. Where did Jimmy feel it would be an adventure to travel to?
4. What were the things in the sky called?
5. What would Jimmy do if he was Arutha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allowances did Arutha give to Roald and Gardan?
2. What does the prophecy have to do with Arutha?
3. What did the information that Pug gained from the torturing of Dominic reveal?
4. What was the first thing Jimmy said he would do when he got back? Why did he say this?
5. Why would only a madman fail to heed Milamber/Pug's warning?
6. Who do those at Sarth serve and what do they do?
7. What reason did Pug give for his decision?
8. Describe the Thun.
9. What was the ultimate in shame and punishment for a warrior and why?
10. Why was the renegade moredhel shot down by his comrade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the writing style and storyline of Tolkien and Feist. How are they similar? How are they different? Are there too many similarities between the two characters? Explain your answer. Who do you think is a better storyteller and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Arutha's relationship with his brothers. How is this bond stronger than any other? How does it have its difficulties? If you have siblings, do you have a similar or completely different relationship with your brother(s)/sister(s)? What elements lend it its difference?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Pug's return to Kelewan. Why didn't his wife want him returning? What dangers were there posed on his life? What good did Pug seek to learn while he was there? What good did he do while there?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)