|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Hadati?
2. What was most striking about the Hadati?
3. Where had Gardan gone?
4. Why did the group speak in hushed tones?
5. Where would Arutha find the Silverthorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might have been done in the bar with Longly?
2. Why do the magicians assume that the Dark Power is from Kelewan and traveled through the Rift?
3. Describe Elvandar.
4. What joke did Jimmy make that made the Prince laugh out loud for the first time since Anita was incapacitated?
5. What was the ultimate in shame and punishment for a warrior and why?
6. How had Gamina lost her family and her town?
7. What was significant about the white paint on the Hadati's face?
8. Why does Jimmy ask Martin to kill one of the humans?
9. What are the Black Slayers?
10. Galain explained that he would leave a trail and Arutha was concerned that the Moredhel could follow the same trail. Why couldn't they?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout his torture and that of his friends, Pug attempts to remain in control of his emotions to find a solution to the problem he was facing. How is this a difficult task to endeavor? What kind of mind does it take to succeed at such a trial? What does this say for Pug's character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Princess Carline's need to make formal the arrangements between herself and Laurie. What reasons did she give to him for this desire? Were these reasons rational, or emotional in nature? What was the hidden meaning behind her words that he would "become a memory"? Explain your answer using quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Every character who serve's Arutha gets rewarded. Do you think this sends the wrong message to the public that good deeds always are rewarded? Explain your answer. Which character gained no further reward? Why do you think this was?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)