|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's gift?
2. What was surprising about the Abbots chamber?
3. What rank did Laurie get?
4. What trail rations did the elves give Arutha's party?
5. What did Murmandamus go when he went through the gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was said to Baru to get him to sheath his sword when he saw Murad?
2. How did Rogan come to find Gamina and why did they journey to Stardock?
3. Galain explained that he would leave a trail and Arutha was concerned that the Moredhel could follow the same trail. Why couldn't they?
4. Why do the magicians assume that the Dark Power is from Kelewan and traveled through the Rift?
5. What was given to Arutha before he left the Abbey?
6. What was significant about the white paint on the Hadati's face?
7. What did Kamatsu say and what was the Emperor's reaction to it?
8. What did Micah say about Jimmy's wanting to be Duke of Krondor?
9. Discuss Milamber/Pug's fall from grace and his subsequent disbranding of being a Great One?
10. What are the Black Slayers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the overall theme of good versus evil throughout the novel. Was there any clear indication that good would win? Why or why not? Is this a clever element to a story or not? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Jimmy the Hand throughout the novel. How does he adapt to the situation? What makes him seem a little less realistic as a person? What gives him depth as a character?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his torture and that of his friends, Pug attempts to remain in control of his emotions to find a solution to the problem he was facing. How is this a difficult task to endeavor? What kind of mind does it take to succeed at such a trial? What does this say for Pug's character?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)