|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupted the conversation?
2. What lessened Murmandamus' rage?
3. What was the name of the girl who projected her thoughts?
4. What became of the thief known as Grey Cat?
5. What characteristic(s) will allow Arutha to locate Silverthorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was given to Arutha before he left the Abbey?
2. Discuss Milamber/Pug's fall from grace and his subsequent disbranding of being a Great One?
3. What did the thing that descended in flight from the heavens look like?
4. Describe the Thun.
5. What excuse did Murmandamus offer the Dark Brothers for the lack of invasion into human lands?
6. How had Gamina lost her family and her town?
7. What allowances did Arutha give to Roald and Gardan?
8. Why would only a madman fail to heed Milamber/Pug's warning?
9. What was significant about the white paint on the Hadati's face?
10. Why do the magicians assume that the Dark Power is from Kelewan and traveled through the Rift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Martin mentally weighs the concern of his brother for Anita, and fears for his mental state. Do you think Arutha would be like his father and withdrawal into bitterness for always? Why or why not? What information leads you to this conclusion? Utilize quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall theme of good versus evil throughout the novel. Was there any clear indication that good would win? Why or why not? Is this a clever element to a story or not? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Princess Carline's love for Laurie. Is it a mature, or immature love? How does the reader know? Describe Carline's faults. How do these lend to the image that Carline's love is immature? How do her character traits argue that the former is true?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)