|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers will the King have to protect him?
2. Who met the party on the road out of Krondor?
3. What did the witch require of the moredhel?
4. Who offers to go to locate the cure?
5. What color and shade belonged to the Prince's guard and thus everyone was garbed in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jimmy state that they "should have waited on the temples' pleasure"?
2. Who managed to finally put an end to the Moredhel and how did they do it?
3. What was the plan to throw the Moredhel off Arutha's trail?
4. What did the clergy people reveal about what they had learned regarding the beast they had fought.
5. Why did the captain of the Royal Eagle wish that the tall spires of Rillanon were in sight?
6. What revelation added double meaning to the Princes' remark that himself and Jimmy were already friends?
7. What character traits do all three of Borric's sons possess?
8. Why did the witch tell the priest of the Pantathian serpent people to stop making signs? What stopped the serpent person from continuing?
9. Why did the old witch gasp at the sight of the central figure when he removed his cloak?
10. Why was the heavy crossbow a poor choice of weapon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jimmy chooses between Arutha's life and his own on several occasions. How does this demonstrate where Jimmy's loyalties lie? How does Arutha repay that loyalty throughout the novel? Do the two seem even? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess Carline's love for Laurie. Is it a mature, or immature love? How does the reader know? Describe Carline's faults. How do these lend to the image that Carline's love is immature? How do her character traits argue that the former is true?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Arutha's relationship with his brothers. How is this bond stronger than any other? How does it have its difficulties? If you have siblings, do you have a similar or completely different relationship with your brother(s)/sister(s)? What elements lend it its difference?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)