|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes even the 'evil' gods not truly evil?
2. What silhouette was on the man's chest?
3. What else was on the roof with Jimmy?
4. What was strange about the men at the Inn?
5. What was the last thing Martin said to Laurie regarding why it took him so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had been the intended target and how was it that Laughing Jack managed to be alive?
2. What was the plan to throw the Moredhel off Arutha's trail?
3. Why wouldn't Jimmy take orders from Arutha?
4. Why was Jimmy in trouble, and why was the Upright Man willing to spare him?
5. Why did the old witch gasp at the sight of the central figure when he removed his cloak?
6. What are the views Jimmy harbors regarding the nobility?
7. How did Martin know that the Moredhel was high ranking?
8. What character traits do all three of Borric's sons possess?
9. How did Gardan know where to look for the Prince?
10. Why hadn't Laurie revealed his decision to Carline sooner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the writing style and storyline of Tolkien and Feist. How are they similar? How are they different? Are there too many similarities between the two characters? Explain your answer. Who do you think is a better storyteller and why?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout his torture and that of his friends, Pug attempts to remain in control of his emotions to find a solution to the problem he was facing. How is this a difficult task to endeavor? What kind of mind does it take to succeed at such a trial? What does this say for Pug's character?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, knowledge of some kind or another is utilized. How is each person in the party capable of a specialization? Which specialization is most applicable in a majority of situations? Which characters traits and specialties serve Arutha most frequently and how? Which character's traits and specialties serve Arutha least frequently?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)