|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing in Arutha's thoughts?
2. Who was still a friend to Jimmy?
3. What would shake the guild to its core?
4. How many soldiers will the King have to protect him?
5. What pet name had their mother given Arutha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had been the intended target and how was it that Laughing Jack managed to be alive?
2. How did Martin know that the Moredhel was high ranking?
3. Why hadn't Laurie revealed his decision to Carline sooner?
4. What revelation added double meaning to the Princes' remark that himself and Jimmy were already friends?
5. Why did the old witch gasp at the sight of the central figure when he removed his cloak?
6. What did the clergy people reveal about what they had learned regarding the beast they had fought.
7. What did Jimmy learn following his first night out?
8. What images did Jimmy have going through his mind?
9. What struck Jimmy about the men at the next table in the Inn?
10. What was the plan to throw the Moredhel off Arutha's trail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political workings on Kelewan. How are they different from the political workings on Midkemia and Earth? How are they, in some ways, similar? Discuss what kinds of things would have to change in Earthly politics for Kelewanese politics to actually be applicable.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess Carline's love for Laurie. Is it a mature, or immature love? How does the reader know? Describe Carline's faults. How do these lend to the image that Carline's love is immature? How do her character traits argue that the former is true?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Arutha and Laurie's relationships. How are they similar? How are they different? Which kind of relationship would you rather be in and why?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)