|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the chieftain seek?
2. What did Jimmy notice had been out of the ordinary?
3. What did Arutha ask of Jimmy?
4. Which was not one of the people on board the ship?
5. What was strange about the men at the Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jimmy learn following his first night out?
2. What kinds of things did Jimmy know about the sewers?
3. Why were the 'Dog Soldiers' called that?
4. Why hadn't Laurie revealed his decision to Carline sooner?
5. How did Martin know that the Moredhel was high ranking?
6. What drew Arutha's attention from Anita?
7. How did the being that took Jack lie?
8. Why was Jimmy in trouble, and why was the Upright Man willing to spare him?
9. Why did Jimmy come and tell the Prince his life was in jeopardy instead of reporting to the Mockers as he ought to have?
10. Who managed to finally put an end to the Moredhel and how did they do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the novel as a whole. Where were the novel's weak points? Where was it strongest? What would you improve and how? Discuss the themes and plot twists as possibilities that need improving.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess Carline's love for Laurie. Is it a mature, or immature love? How does the reader know? Describe Carline's faults. How do these lend to the image that Carline's love is immature? How do her character traits argue that the former is true?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of love conquering all is present in this story. Do you think this is a realistic view of love? Why or why not? What makes it unrealistic? What lends it some realism? Is this a good theme to revolve a plot around? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)