|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where must they go for answers?
2. What color and shade belonged to the Prince's guard and thus everyone was garbed in?
3. What did he have to order the Tsurani guards not to do?
4. What title was Jimmy given?
5. What property was given to Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the extent of negotiations?
2. What character traits do all three of Borric's sons possess?
3. Why did the witch tell the priest of the Pantathian serpent people to stop making signs? What stopped the serpent person from continuing?
4. What did Jimmy learn following his first night out?
5. What kinds of things did Jimmy know about the sewers?
6. What was the plan to throw the Moredhel off Arutha's trail?
7. What made the Moredhel hard to kill?
8. Why were the 'Dog Soldiers' called that?
9. What images did Jimmy have going through his mind?
10. How had Arutha and Anita gotten to know each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Arutha and Laurie's relationships. How are they similar? How are they different? Which kind of relationship would you rather be in and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess Carline's love for Laurie. Is it a mature, or immature love? How does the reader know? Describe Carline's faults. How do these lend to the image that Carline's love is immature? How do her character traits argue that the former is true?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, knowledge of some kind or another is utilized. How is each person in the party capable of a specialization? Which specialization is most applicable in a majority of situations? Which characters traits and specialties serve Arutha most frequently and how? Which character's traits and specialties serve Arutha least frequently?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)