|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Laurie marry Carline?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He might gain the respect of the nobles.
(c) He might improve the breed of nobles.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What did he have to order the Tsurani guards not to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Withdraw from being soldiers.
(c) Kill themselves.
(d) Kill Laughing Jack.
3. What did Jimmy notice had been out of the ordinary?
(a) An appearance of the since dead, Golden Dase.
(b) An appearance of a man claiming to be his father.
(c) An appearance of his long dead mother.
(d) An appearance of the since dead, Laughing Jack.
4. What animal was Trig the Fuller compared to?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A parrot.
5. How many soldiers will the King have to protect him?
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person/people had defeated Gardan in the past?
2. Why did Nathan wish to withdraw from the room?
3. Why was it strange to Arutha that Anita should fall?
4. How long had the captain been in the King's navy?
5. What group did Jimmy belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first thing Jimmy said he would do when he got back? Why did he say this?
2. Why do the magicians assume that the Dark Power is from Kelewan and traveled through the Rift?
3. What revelation added double meaning to the Princes' remark that himself and Jimmy were already friends?
4. What made the Moredhel hard to kill?
5. What excuse did Murmandamus offer the Dark Brothers for the lack of invasion into human lands?
6. What reason did Pug give for his decision?
7. Why did Jimmy want to tell Arutha what had been going on, and what he had witnessed with the assassin?
8. Why was Jimmy in trouble, and why was the Upright Man willing to spare him?
9. Who do those at Sarth serve and what do they do?
10. Galain explained that he would leave a trail and Arutha was concerned that the Moredhel could follow the same trail. Why couldn't they?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)