|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laurie's decision regarding the Princess' ultimatum?
(a) He had yet to decide whether or not to marry her.
(b) He didn't want to marry her.
(c) He promised to marry her and stay behind.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
2. How much did the leader of the Guild want for information on the Nighthawks?
(a) Fifteen thousand gold sovereigns.
(b) Ten thousand gold sovereigns.
(c) Five thousand gold sovereigns.
(d) Twenty thousand gold sovereigns.
3. Why did the old witch send the powerful chieftain away?
(a) She feared that she would tell him something that he didn't wish to hear, and thus she would be killed.
(b) She hadn't liked his appearance.
(c) His nature was evil.
(d) She feared his power.
4. What would shake the guild to its core?
(a) All of these.
(b) The betrayal of one as high as Jack.
(c) The fact that Jimmy's life had had a contract out on it.
(d) The fact that Jimmy had stolen from the Fuller.
5. Who was the first to summon Arutha?
(a) The Priest.
(b) The Priestess.
(c) Neither summoned Arutha.
(d) They both summoned Arutha at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Carline to be shamed by her love affair?
2. What caused the black rider's horse to panic?
3. What color was the coin once the witch had pored her liquid onto it?
4. What makes even the 'evil' gods not truly evil?
5. What did Jimmy notice had been out of the ordinary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the witch tell the priest of the Pantathian serpent people to stop making signs? What stopped the serpent person from continuing?
2. What images did Jimmy have going through his mind?
3. What did the Moredhel command the people he was with to do following the witch's reading?
4. Why hadn't Laurie revealed his decision to Carline sooner?
5. Why did the captain of the Royal Eagle wish that the tall spires of Rillanon were in sight?
6. What made the Moredhel hard to kill?
7. Why was Jimmy in trouble, and why was the Upright Man willing to spare him?
8. What revelation added double meaning to the Princes' remark that himself and Jimmy were already friends?
9. What character traits do all three of Borric's sons possess?
10. How did Gardan know where to look for the Prince?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)