|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it strange to Arutha that Anita should fall?
(a) She looked so light on her feet.
(b) She was so graceful by nature.
(c) All of these.
(d) She wouldn't mess up something as important as her wedding.
2. How long had the captain been in the King's navy?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. What was significant about the rings?
(a) They were poisoned rings.
(b) All of their rings were black with a hawk symbol on them.
(c) All three men had rings.
(d) All of these.
4. How much did the leader of the Guild want for information on the Nighthawks?
(a) Fifteen thousand gold sovereigns.
(b) Five thousand gold sovereigns.
(c) Ten thousand gold sovereigns.
(d) Twenty thousand gold sovereigns.
5. What caused the black rider's horse to panic?
(a) The naphtha distillation.
(b) The smoke bomb Jimmy had utilized.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Golden Dase's current benefactor?
2. What was Rillanon called?
3. What color was the coin once the witch had pored her liquid onto it?
4. What was Laurie's decision regarding the Princess' ultimatum?
5. Which member of the clergy people were worse off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jimmy come and tell the Prince his life was in jeopardy instead of reporting to the Mockers as he ought to have?
2. What character traits do all three of Borric's sons possess?
3. Why was Jimmy in trouble, and why was the Upright Man willing to spare him?
4. Why wouldn't Jimmy take orders from Arutha?
5. Why did the captain of the Royal Eagle wish that the tall spires of Rillanon were in sight?
6. What was the plan to throw the Moredhel off Arutha's trail?
7. Why was the heavy crossbow a poor choice of weapon?
8. How had Arutha and Anita gotten to know each other?
9. Why did the old witch gasp at the sight of the central figure when he removed his cloak?
10. Why did Jimmy state that they "should have waited on the temples' pleasure"?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)