|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jimmy notice had been out of the ordinary?
(a) An appearance of his long dead mother.
(b) An appearance of the since dead, Golden Dase.
(c) An appearance of a man claiming to be his father.
(d) An appearance of the since dead, Laughing Jack.
2. What had caused Laurie to stare for a second at Arutha?
(a) He was so angry that Laurie was so late.
(b) He was garbed so simply.
(c) He looked like a different person.
(d) The light that seemed to come from his eyes; the fire of impatience.
3. Why was Carline to be shamed by her love affair?
(a) She had engaged in affairs unbecoming a princess.
(b) She had fallen in love with a commoner.
(c) All of these.
(d) She had disgraced the royal family.
4. What brought out the worst in Carline's nature?
(a) His need to be away from her.
(b) His need to wander.
(c) His amorous affairs away from her.
(d) His need to be out and about.
5. What caused the black rider's horse to panic?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The naphtha distillation.
(c) The smoke bomb Jimmy had utilized.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Golden Dase's current benefactor?
2. Who has a slip-me-out to the sewers in his basement?
3. What color was the coin once the witch had pored her liquid onto it?
4. Why did the old witch send the powerful chieftain away?
5. What was Rillanon called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jimmy state that they "should have waited on the temples' pleasure"?
2. What character traits do all three of Borric's sons possess?
3. What did Jimmy learn following his first night out?
4. How did the being that took Jack lie?
5. What did the clergy people reveal about what they had learned regarding the beast they had fought.
6. What images did Jimmy have going through his mind?
7. What are the views Jimmy harbors regarding the nobility?
8. What drew Arutha's attention from Anita?
9. Why did the captain of the Royal Eagle wish that the tall spires of Rillanon were in sight?
10. Why did the old witch gasp at the sight of the central figure when he removed his cloak?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)