|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Arutha said to Anita?
(a) You're beautiful.
(b) I've missed you.
(c) Will you consent to marry me?
(d) I've returned.
2. Which person/people had defeated Gardan in the past?
(a) All of these.
(b) Arutha's father.
(c) Arutha himself.
(d) Swordmaster Fannon.
3. What was the name of the goddess of sailors?
4. What could hold the road they were traveling up?
(a) Five grandmothers with brooms.
(b) Four grandmothers with brooms.
(c) Six grandmothers with brooms.
(d) Seven grandmothers with brooms.
5. What did Arutha give the Fuller?
(a) Both of these.
(b) His knife with the family crest to return to get gold in its stead.
(c) A letter of commendation.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the darkness that had possessed Laughing Jack?
2. What color and shade belonged to the Prince's guard and thus everyone was garbed in?
3. Why didn't the horse climb faster even after Arutha spurred it?
4. What was significant about the rings?
5. What creature did Jimmy nearly kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jimmy state that they "should have waited on the temples' pleasure"?
2. How did the being that took Jack lie?
3. How did Martin know that the Moredhel was high ranking?
4. Why was Jimmy in trouble, and why was the Upright Man willing to spare him?
5. How did Gardan know where to look for the Prince?
6. What images did Jimmy have going through his mind?
7. How had Arutha and Anita gotten to know each other?
8. What made the Moredhel hard to kill?
9. Why did Jimmy come and tell the Prince his life was in jeopardy instead of reporting to the Mockers as he ought to have?
10. What struck Jimmy about the men at the next table in the Inn?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)