|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't anyone want to deliver messages between the nobles?
(a) The notes were often inconsequential.
(b) It was a thankless task.
(c) It would keep the deliverer away from the palace and the action the entire time.
(d) It meant running almost constantly all day long.
2. What was strange about the men at the Inn?
(a) They weren't associating with other people at the Inn.
(b) They hadn't smiled or laughed all night.
(c) They didn't appear to be staying at the Inn.
(d) They had barely touched their ale.
3. What group did Jimmy belong to?
(a) The Thieves Guild.
(b) The Malkers.
(c) The Imperial Guard.
(d) The Mockers.
4. What does Lyam order the guards to do?
(a) Let neither brother away from the castle.
(b) Send their best guards to the location in search of the cure.
(c) Arrest either brother if they attempt to leave.
(d) Hold both brothers hostage if they attempt to leave.
5. Who has a slip-me-out to the sewers in his basement?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jimmy consider himself well connected?
2. What appeared around the Prince's party?
3. What could hold the road they were traveling up?
4. What was the name of the popular brothel in Krondor?
5. What was Laurie's decision regarding the Princess' ultimatum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jimmy come and tell the Prince his life was in jeopardy instead of reporting to the Mockers as he ought to have?
2. Why was the heavy crossbow a poor choice of weapon?
3. How did Gardan know where to look for the Prince?
4. What images did Jimmy have going through his mind?
5. What are the views Jimmy harbors regarding the nobility?
6. What revelation added double meaning to the Princes' remark that himself and Jimmy were already friends?
7. Why did the witch tell the priest of the Pantathian serpent people to stop making signs? What stopped the serpent person from continuing?
8. What was the extent of negotiations?
9. What was the plan to throw the Moredhel off Arutha's trail?
10. Why did Jimmy want to tell Arutha what had been going on, and what he had witnessed with the assassin?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)