|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it strange to Arutha that Anita should fall?
(a) She looked so light on her feet.
(b) All of these.
(c) She wouldn't mess up something as important as her wedding.
(d) She was so graceful by nature.
2. What did Jimmy notice had been out of the ordinary?
(a) An appearance of his long dead mother.
(b) An appearance of the since dead, Golden Dase.
(c) An appearance of a man claiming to be his father.
(d) An appearance of the since dead, Laughing Jack.
3. What brought out the worst in Carline's nature?
(a) His need to be out and about.
(b) His need to wander.
(c) His need to be away from her.
(d) His amorous affairs away from her.
4. Which boy started in giving Jimmy a hard time?
5. What did Arutha wish of his men?
(a) None of these.
(b) That the Nighthawks would be taken alive.
(c) That the Nighthawks would all be killed.
(d) That the Nighthawks wouldn't be harmed.
6. What did Jimmy realize the men were?
(b) Imperial guards.
(c) Friends of the King.
(d) Friends of the Prince.
7. What position was implied for Volney?
(a) The Earl of Krondor.
(b) No position was implied to him.
(c) The Duke of Krondor.
(d) The Chancellor of Krondor.
8. Why did the old witch send the powerful chieftain away?
(a) His nature was evil.
(b) She feared that she would tell him something that he didn't wish to hear, and thus she would be killed.
(c) She feared his power.
(d) She hadn't liked his appearance.
9. What is the thing Nathan battled?
(a) Evil incarnate.
(b) Sorrow incarnate.
(c) Hopelessness incarnate.
(d) Despair incarnate.
10. What did Arutha give the Fuller?
(a) His knife with the family crest to return to get gold in its stead.
(b) A letter of commendation.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
11. There isn't how many feet of clearing between the wall and the cliff?
(a) Five feet.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Four feet.
12. What did Jimmy do to stop this from continuing?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He found a cask of acid and poured it down the stairs.
(d) He set fire to the House.
13. What does Lyam order the guards to do?
(a) Let neither brother away from the castle.
(b) Send their best guards to the location in search of the cure.
(c) Hold both brothers hostage if they attempt to leave.
(d) Arrest either brother if they attempt to leave.
14. How long will the assassins live?
(a) No more than two days.
(b) No more than two hours.
(c) Through the night, maybe until the morning.
(d) The balance of the night, no longer.
15. Who was still a friend to Jimmy?
(a) The Mockers.
(b) The Upright Man.
(c) Alvarny the Quick.
(d) Golden Dase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the assassin change into?
2. What was the name of the popular brothel in Krondor?
3. Who met the party on the road out of Krondor?
4. Where must they go for answers?
5. How did Jimmy feel about his new garb?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)