|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arutha wish of his men?
(a) That the Nighthawks would all be killed.
(b) That the Nighthawks wouldn't be harmed.
(c) That the Nighthawks would be taken alive.
(d) None of these.
2. What did the chieftain seek?
(a) A spell of protection.
(b) A reading of the signs.
(c) A reading of the ruins.
(d) All of these.
3. What struck Arutha?
(a) The look of hopelessness on the priests' acolytes faces.
(b) None of these.
(c) The austere look of his chambers and lack of personal belongings.
(d) The lavish state in which his chambers were decorated.
4. Who is the Golden Dase's current benefactor?
(a) The widow of the Mastersmith, Callon.
(b) The widow of the Masterbrewer, Callon.
(c) The widow of the Masterbrewer Fallon.
(d) The widow of the Masterharper Fallon.
5. What did Jimmy wish to pass the word about in regards to the guards?
(a) That he was going to get a present for the Prince and Princess.
(b) That he was going to snoop about on the roof.
(c) That he was headed out to listen to the streets.
(d) That he was going to get new clothes.
6. What was the difference between the bodies of the Nighthawks and those of the guards?
(a) There was no difference; they both remained alive.
(b) There was no difference, they both remained dead.
(c) The bodies of the Nighthawks remained down.
(d) The bodies of the guards remained down.
7. What caused the black rider's horse to panic?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) The naphtha distillation.
(d) The smoke bomb Jimmy had utilized.
8. What did he have to order the Tsurani guards not to do?
(a) Withdraw from being soldiers.
(b) Kill Laughing Jack.
(c) Kill themselves.
(d) All of these.
9. How long will the assassins live?
(a) The balance of the night, no longer.
(b) No more than two days.
(c) Through the night, maybe until the morning.
(d) No more than two hours.
10. What position was implied for Volney?
(a) No position was implied to him.
(b) The Chancellor of Krondor.
(c) The Duke of Krondor.
(d) The Earl of Krondor.
11. What could hold the road they were traveling up?
(a) Seven grandmothers with brooms.
(b) Six grandmothers with brooms.
(c) Four grandmothers with brooms.
(d) Five grandmothers with brooms.
12. What title was Jimmy given?
13. What was the last thing Martin said to Laurie regarding why it took him so long?
(a) "May you always be happy."
(b) "A proper good-bye can take awhile."
(c) "That still doesn't account for the delay."
(d) "What took you so long?"
14. What did Arutha ask of Jimmy?
(a) A meeting with the Upright Man.
(b) That he return to the Mockers and explain himself.
(c) That he scout the source of the Nighthawks.
(d) That he leave town and not come back until it is safe.
15. What was Jimmy expected to do as Squire?
(a) Look after the other people first.
(b) Do the menial work.
(c) All of these.
(d) Care for everyone's horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to go to locate the cure?
2. What appeared around the Prince's party?
3. What was the only thing in Arutha's thoughts?
4. What did the Duke of Yabon consider an inconvenience?
5. Which person/people had defeated Gardan in the past?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)