|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children hear many stories about the Golden Age of Narnia when the _____ children ruled.
2. The children don't sleep well because Puddleglum is doing what?
3. What bit the queen?
4. Who vowed to kill the creature that bit the queen?
5. Jill is told to perform how many tasks by the lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Eustace is afraid that the owls are against Caspian?
2. At first Jill thinks that Eustace might be on the side of the bullies. Eustace tells Jill that he is different since a strange adventure he went on with his cousins. Do you think, in real life, that bullies can be changed by having a certain experience?
3. Why did the children feel they had to sneak away from the giants?
4. Jill is upset that she didn't notice the signs the day before. Do you think Jill is justified in being mad at herself for missing the signs?
5. What strange advice does the lady with the knight give the travelers?
6. Why didn't Eustace recognize his friend, King Caspian?
7. What do the children see out Jill's window, when they're staying with the giants?
8. What does the lion seem to represent to Jill, at the start of chapter two, and why?
9. When a talking owl greets them, Jill tells the owl why they are there, which is news to Eustace since she has not told him yet. Eustace asks where they are and the owl answers they are in Cair Paravel and that it was King Caspian who has just left. Why does that news upset Jill?
10. Describe the giants' attitudes towards the children, in chapter 8, and what it could mean.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using several examples from the book, explain how going to Narnia helped Jill. Also, explain how Jill's presence in Narnia changed the course of events. What might have happened if Eustace and Puddleglum had gone on their adventure without Jill?
Essay Topic 2
Aslan, the king of the giants, King Caspian and the queen of the underworld are all leaders of a sort.
Explain how each of the above characters governs their lands and what the results are.
Compare and contrast each of the above characters. Which are similar to each other and which are different? In what ways?
Use examples from the book to explain which of the above characters is your favorite and why.
Essay Topic 3
The only two characters present throughout the entire book are Eustace and Jill. Of the two characters, Eustace and Jill, which was your favorite at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the book and why? Did your choice change, as the book progressed? Why or why not? Also, in what ways do you think both characters improved over times and in what ways would you improve upon them, if you could?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)