|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jill wants to go on an adventure, who calls Aslan?
2. Jill and Eustace must find a sign at the city and do what?
3. In the harbor is a ship surrounded by many people and creatures with what standing before them all?
4. The travelers walk for several weeks, killing ______ for food and sleeping on the ground.
5. The next morning after breakfast, the nurse brings all of the companions together in whose room?
Short Essay Questions
1. If you were Jill, how would you handle the confrontation with the school bullies?
2. How did Jill's attitude on the cliff backfire on her? What is that incident meant to show?
3. Why do you think Eustace is afraid that the owls are against Caspian?
4. Explain how and why the lights of the House of Harfang distract the children.
5. Why do the owls have to secretly meet to try to save the prince?
6. Describe the giants' attitudes towards the children, in chapter 8, and what it could mean.
7. Do you agree that the owls should secretly help Jill and Eustace to rescue the prince?
8. Describe the initial meeting between the children and the stranger at the hut.
9. After going through the garden door, Jill and Eustace are on a tall mountain standing near a cliff. Jill tries to show off by standing as close to the edge as she dare. Why do you think Jill tried to show off on the cliff?
10. As the travelers are traveling along, at one point, Jill wanders up ahead and falls into a trench. What information does Jill's fall convey about Jill's personal journey in the book so far?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer the following questions about Eustace using examples from the book to back up your answers:
1. What is Eustace's role in the story?
2. Do you think Eustace is a necessary character to the story? Why or why not?
3. How do you think the story would be changed if Eustace were not present? Discuss at least two parts of the book that would be altered by his absence
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following questions using one of these characters:
What character in the story do you feel changed most, as the story went on? Use at least three examples from the story to explain that character's growth, as the story progressed.
What character do you feel changed the least throughout the book and why do you feel that way? Be sure to use at least three examples from the story to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose the character from the following list that you feel is least necessary and explain why. Also, explain how the book would be different if that character was not present. Use at least two examples from the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)