|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jill finds a little what and realizes she is very thirsty?
2. Caspian has grown very old and has sailed away to find ________.
3. The children are directed to go North towards _________.
4. The children find a funny looking creature that is some sort of mix between a ________ and a man.
5. The children fall asleep and wake up in the morning to go looking for who?
Short Essay Questions
1. When a talking owl greets them, Jill tells the owl why they are there, which is news to Eustace since she has not told him yet. Eustace asks where they are and the owl answers they are in Cair Paravel and that it was King Caspian who has just left. Why does that news upset Jill?
2. If you were Jill, how would you handle the confrontation with the school bullies?
3. Do you agree that the owls should secretly help Jill and Eustace to rescue the prince?
4. Why do you think Eustace is afraid that the owls are against Caspian?
5. What do you think is the symbolism behind Puddleglum's name?
6. What strange advice does the lady with the knight give the travelers?
7. How did Jill's attitude on the cliff backfire on her? What is that incident meant to show?
8. How does Jill learn the lion's identity?
9. After going through the garden door, Jill and Eustace are on a tall mountain standing near a cliff. Jill tries to show off by standing as close to the edge as she dare. Why do you think Jill tried to show off on the cliff?
10. Describe the giants' attitudes towards the children, in chapter 8, and what it could mean.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least four detailed examples from the book, explain how Jill's attitude changed and what lessons she learned, as the book progressed.
How do you think Jill would deal with new bullies in the future, if the book continued beyond where it ends?
Essay Topic 2
Choose the character from the following list that you feel is least necessary and explain why. Also, explain how the book would be different if that character was not present. Use at least two examples from the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 3
Near the end of the book, Aslan goes to the real world to help Jill with her bully problem.
Do you think it was necessary for Aslan to help Jill at the end of the book or do you think Jill had evolved enough to help herself? Use examples from the book to back yourself up.
If you were Jill, do you feel that you would have preferred to confront the bullies without Aslan? Why or why not? Would you have preferred to have help from someone other than Aslan? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)