|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lady says they should tell the gentle giants there that she has sent them for what Feast?
2. The irritability causes Jill to do what?
3. When they reach a giant's bridge across a deep precipice, Puddleglum is reluctant to use it because he is afraid it might be ________.
4. Jill and Eustace have landed in a field close to a harbor beside a large what?
5. Jill is upset because it is clearly whom that Eustace was supposed to talk to and now he has missed his opportunity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how faith plays a role in chapter 11.
2. How is the process of breaking the queen's enchantment attempt symbolic?
3. What do you think is the symbolism behind Puddleglum's name?
4. As the creatures take the travelers to the queen, they begin their march through a tiny crack that Jill is afraid to enter. How has Jill's attitude changed, since the start of the book?
5. Describe how the mood of the novel changes, as chapter six goes on.
6. In chapter 5, the children are taken on a long flight with the owls and are put inside a hut where they instantly fall to sleep. Do you think that it was right for the children to trust the owls and, if so, do you think the owls betrayed that trust by leaving the children alone in the strange hut?
7. How does the discussion with the knight cause the children to lose faith in Aslan a bit and do you agree with their loss of faith?
8. Why are Puddleglum and Eustace upset about eating venison, in chapter 9, and why is Jill not upset? Whose reaction do you agree with and why?
9. Why did the children feel they had to sneak away from the giants?
10. How did Rilian's indecision affect the outcome of chapter 14.
Essay Topic 1
Using at least four detailed examples from the book, explain how Jill's attitude changed and what lessons she learned, as the book progressed.
How do you think Jill would deal with new bullies in the future, if the book continued beyond where it ends?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three objects or characters from the book that you feel are symbolic of a real life concept or thing. Then, using at least two examples from the book and at least two from real life per choice, explain your choices.
Essay Topic 3
Choose the character from the following list that you feel is least necessary and explain why. Also, explain how the book would be different if that character was not present. Use at least two examples from the book to back yourself up.
This section contains 2,329 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)