|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jill asks if they might attend the feast, what do the giants do?
2. The children spotted a ________ when they saw the lights in the distance.
3. After giving her the tasks, Aslan then takes Jill where?
4. What is the name of the king who has just left?
5. The children are taken on a long flight with the owls and are put inside what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene, as Jill and Eustace are reunited at the harbor.
2. In chapter 5, the children are taken on a long flight with the owls and are put inside a hut where they instantly fall to sleep. Do you think that it was right for the children to trust the owls and, if so, do you think the owls betrayed that trust by leaving the children alone in the strange hut?
3. Describe Puddleglum's reaction to meeting the lady and the knight and what it means to the children.
4. How does Jill learn the lion's identity?
5. Describe the giants' attitudes towards the children, in chapter 8, and what it could mean.
6. After going through the garden door, Jill and Eustace are on a tall mountain standing near a cliff. Jill tries to show off by standing as close to the edge as she dare. Why do you think Jill tried to show off on the cliff?
7. When a talking owl greets them, Jill tells the owl why they are there, which is news to Eustace since she has not told him yet. Eustace asks where they are and the owl answers they are in Cair Paravel and that it was King Caspian who has just left. Why does that news upset Jill?
8. What happened to the queen and what affect did it have on the prince, according to the owls?
9. Why do you think Eustace is afraid that the owls are against Caspian?
10. What does the lion seem to represent to Jill, at the start of chapter two, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose the character from the following list that you feel is least necessary and explain why. Also, explain how the book would be different if that character was not present. Use at least two examples from the book to back yourself up.
Essay Topic 2
The only two characters present throughout the entire book are Eustace and Jill. Of the two characters, Eustace and Jill, which was your favorite at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the book and why? Did your choice change, as the book progressed? Why or why not? Also, in what ways do you think both characters improved over times and in what ways would you improve upon them, if you could?
Essay Topic 3
Using at least four detailed examples from the book, explain how Jill's attitude changed and what lessons she learned, as the book progressed.
How do you think Jill would deal with new bullies in the future, if the book continued beyond where it ends?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)