|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, Drinian accompanied the prince and discovered that a __________ was visiting him.
(b) Talking lion.
(c) Beautiful woman.
2. The travelers walk for several weeks, killing ______ for food and sleeping on the ground.
3. What bit the queen?
(a) A serpent.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cat.
(d) A spider.
4. Aslan blows Jill away and she lands in Narnia next to whom?
5. A few minutes later the nurse comes to take them to watch the king and queen leave on a what?
(a) Mission of mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they get to the door who knocks on it?
2. Jill bursts into tears and the queen is immediately sympathetic and sends them all off to ________.
3. After he pulls them out, Puddleglum asks Jill about the ________ and Jill tells him there is nothing to do with it here.
4. When Jill asks if they might attend the feast, what do the giants do?
5. What might there be at the place the children are planning to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jill is upset that she didn't notice the signs the day before. Do you think Jill is justified in being mad at herself for missing the signs?
2. How did Jill's attitude on the cliff backfire on her? What is that incident meant to show?
3. If you were Jill, how would you handle the confrontation with the school bullies?
4. How does Jill learn the lion's identity?
5. As the travelers are traveling along, at one point, Jill wanders up ahead and falls into a trench. What information does Jill's fall convey about Jill's personal journey in the book so far?
6. Describe the giants' attitudes towards the children, in chapter 8, and what it could mean.
7. What do the children see out Jill's window, when they're staying with the giants?
8. What strange advice does the lady with the knight give the travelers?
9. After going through the garden door, Jill and Eustace are on a tall mountain standing near a cliff. Jill tries to show off by standing as close to the edge as she dare. Why do you think Jill tried to show off on the cliff?
10. What does the lion seem to represent to Jill, at the start of chapter two, and why?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)