|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks to the king and queen at Eustace's suggestion?
(a) The porter.
2. The lion moves away, leaving whom to mourn Eustace?
3. Who finds Jill when she is crying?
4. What might there be at the place the children are planning to go?
(a) Great ocean.
(b) Ruined city.
(c) Deep canyon.
(d) Friendly Ogre.
5. Who do the owls think would stop the children, if the plan was discovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. The group is initially shown into the what?
2. Puddleglum is _______ as Eustace and Jill prepare to meet the king and queen.
3. At the ruins, it is pitch dark but Jill soon learns that there are lots of ______ present.
4. The children don't sleep well because Puddleglum is doing what?
5. The ideas the lady planted in the children's heads about _______ makes them irritable.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jill's four tasks that are set out by Aslan?
2. Describe the giants' attitudes towards the children, in chapter 8, and what it could mean.
3. As the travelers are traveling along, at one point, Jill wanders up ahead and falls into a trench. What information does Jill's fall convey about Jill's personal journey in the book so far?
4. Why did the children feel they had to sneak away from the giants?
5. Describe the scene, as Jill and Eustace are reunited at the harbor.
6. How did Jill's attitude on the cliff backfire on her? What is that incident meant to show?
7. Describe the initial meeting between the children and the stranger at the hut.
8. If you were Jill, how would you handle the confrontation with the school bullies?
9. How is Puddleglum's participation in the mission to rescue the prince ironic?
10. In chapter 5, the children are taken on a long flight with the owls and are put inside a hut where they instantly fall to sleep. Do you think that it was right for the children to trust the owls and, if so, do you think the owls betrayed that trust by leaving the children alone in the strange hut?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)