Chapter 1, Behind the Gym
• Jill Pole is behind the gym crying because she has been the victim of bullying.
• Eustace finds her there and they begin to talk. At first Jill thinks he might be on the side of the bullies and comments on this.
• Eustace tells her that he is different since a strange adventure he went on with his cousins.
• Jill says she would like to go on an adventure too, so Eustace calls out to Aslan.
• Eustace takes Jill out into the school's garden where there is a door in the garden wall. When he opens it, though, they find they are in another world.
• Jill and Eustace are on a tall mountain standing near a cliff.
• Jill tries to show off by standing as close to the edge as she dare.
• Jill becomes nervous. Eustace grabs her and tries to pull her back.
This section contains 3,901 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)