* Jill Pole is behind the gym crying because she has been the victim of bullying.
* Eustace finds her there and they begin to talk. At first Jill thinks he might be on the side of the bullies and comments on this.
* Eustace tells her that he is different since a strange adventure he went on with his cousins.
* Jill says she would like to go on an adventure too, so Eustace calls out to Aslan.
* Eustace takes Jill out into the school's garden where there is a door in the garden wall. When he opens it, though, they find they are in another world.
* Jill and Eustace are on a tall mountain standing near a cliff.
* Jill tries to show off by standing as close to the edge as she dare.
* Jill becomes nervous. Eustace grabs her and tries to pull her back.
This section contains 3,652 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)