|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 60-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joncour's dad?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) The king.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A silk manufacturer.
2. On the fourth trip to Japan, how does Joncour finally get silk eggs?
(a) He buys them in China.
(b) He bribes a Japanese official.
(c) He bribes an army official.
(d) He buys them from Hara Kei.
3. How much money does Joncour have for his trip to Japan?
(a) 10,000 dollars.
(b) 20 yen.
(c) 80,000 francs in gold.
(d) One million francs.
4. Where does Joncour take his wife on their first summer trip in the novel?
(a) To the French Riviera.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Egypt.
(d) To Japan.
5. At the house of Hara Kei, what does he have caged near the entrance?
(c) Exotic birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Joncour go to his park and sit by the lake?
2. When Joncour gets off the train and opens the eggs on his way home on the fourth trip, what does he find?
3. When Joncour and the boy catch up to the procession of Hara Kei, what travels behind Hara Kei?
4. How far away is China from Japan?
5. What does Joncour say to Hara Kei on the fourth trip when he makes his offer?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)