|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 60-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldabiou observe about the silkworm trade in 1861?
(a) That the making of silk may be over for good.
(b) That he can make a forture swindling people for silk eggs.
(c) That Africa is not affected.
(d) That "nearly" all the eggs were affected by disease, but not all.
2. What is in the sink at the house that Joncour buys?
3. Who was Joncour's dad?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A silk manufacturer.
(c) The king.
(d) A smuggler.
4. What spreads to Africa and India in the 1860s?
(a) The silk-manufacturing business.
(b) Pebrine silkworm disease.
(d) The plague.
5. Where did Baldabiou first see Joncour?
(a) Working in his garden at home.
(b) At his father's office.
(c) Walking past the cafe.
(d) Outside of church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hara Kei was a child, his father told him to shoot an arrow into the air. What was Hara Hei supposed to do after that?
2. When does Joncour go to his park and sit by the lake?
3. When Joncour tells Baldabiou about the mistress, what does he say?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Baldabiou drink with Joncour?
5. What does Joncour notice about the other passengers on the train as he travels home from his fourth trip to Japan?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)