|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joncour and the boy catch up to the procession of Hara Kei, what travels behind Hara Kei?
(a) A litter with brightly-colored fabrics.
(b) A colored carriage.
(d) A bed.
2. When Joncour asks Baldabiou where Japan is, what does Baldabiou say?
(a) "Right to the end of the world."
(b) "Where it smells like spices."
(c) "Half-way around the world."
(d) "Where danger lives."
3. When Joncour arrives at the empty house of Hara Kei the morning after the party, what does he find in the aviary?
(a) Small furry animals.
(c) Hundreds of birds.
(d) The cage is empty.
4. Who discourages commercial trade with Japan after Joncour's second trip?
(a) The mayor.
(d) The French consulate.
5. Who gives Joncour his bath?
(a) 1 man servant.
(b) Hara Kei.
(c) 3 men with scarves over their faces.
(d) 3 women with white painted faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Englishman, who sits next to Helene at the event, wearing in his lapel?
2. What does Joncour enjoy in life?
3. As Joncour stands on the side of the road with the boy, and the procession is leaving, what does Hara Kei do to Joncour?
4. What animal sculpture does Baldabiou want in the middle of his garden?
5. What kind of music does the piano player play at Madame Blanche's?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)