|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Japan after Joncour's second trip?
(a) The silk worms get disease.
(b) The harbors are closed for good.
(c) The country is split into two distinct sides.
(d) A civil war begins.
2. What did Baldabiou ask Joncour about when he returned from Egypt?
(a) The camels.
(b) The heat.
(c) The dolphins.
(d) The pyramids.
3. What happens when the mistress sees Joncour at the party?
(a) She walks over to speak to him.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) Their eyes meet across the room.
(d) She runs into his arms.
4. What is in the sink at the house that Joncour buys?
5. What does the mistress do before she leaves Joncour with his present?
(a) She asks if she can go with him.
(b) She tells him to leave and never return.
(c) She tells him that she loves him.
(d) She kisses his hand and disappears into the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joncour hear when the procession with the mistress goes by him?
2. What kind of living does Joncour make with the silk trade?
3. What activities do Helene and Joncour do while staying at the villa?
4. When Joncour leaves town on his third trip, what does he do on the way out of town?
5. When Joncour gets off the train and opens the eggs on his way home on the fourth trip, what does he find?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)