|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Baldabiou dedicate the building next to the silk factory?
(a) Saint Cecilia.
(b) The Holy Mother Mary.
(c) Saint Agnes.
2. What did Baldabiou build next to the silk factory after arriving in town?
(a) A road.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A gym.
3. What does the couple agree should be the name of their child, if they have a boy?
4. When Baldabiou assembles all of Lavelledieu's silk manufacturers, what do they think of Japan?
(a) They know Japan to be dangerous.
(b) They have never heard of Japan.
(c) They have heard of the Japanese silk.
(d) They have read about Japan.
5. How many years ago did Baldabiou come to town?
(a) 20 years.
(b) He arrived this year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hara Kei tell Joncour about the eggs that were sold to him by the other man?
2. How many silk eggs can a person hold in their hand?
3. What kind of equipment does the scientist hired by the silk manufacturers use to look at he diseased silkworms?
4. What are the caged animals at the entrance to Hara Kei's house meant to signify?
5. When does Joncour arrive back in Lavillidieu from Japan?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)