|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joncour describe Japan when asked after his first trip?
2. What happens to the silk eggs in Europe at the beginning of the novel?
(a) An epidemic hits and kills the eggs.
(b) The human plague virus attacks them.
(c) They are all given away to China.
(d) They stop growing in France.
3. When does Joncour arrive back in Lavillidieu from Japan?
(a) The first Sunday in May.
(b) Before the new moon.
(c) The first Saturday in June.
(d) The first Sunday in April.
4. How does Joncour arrive in Hara Kei's village on his third trip?
(a) Riding horseback.
(b) A carriage.
(c) On a donkey.
(d) On foot, so the news of his arrival will precede him.
5. What does the mistress do before she leaves Joncour with his present?
(a) She tells him to leave and never return.
(b) She kisses his hand and disappears into the night.
(c) She asks if she can go with him.
(d) She tells him that she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Japan cut off from the rest of the world?
2. Where does Joncour take his wife on their first summer trip in the novel?
3. What day does Joncour leave for his fourth trip to Japan?
4. What does Joncour do for the rest of the year when he's not working?
5. With whom does Joncour negotiate the sale of silk eggs the first time?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)