|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Joncour buy?
(a) His father's house.
(c) Jean Berbeck's.
(d) Helene's parents' house.
2. When Joncour arrives at his house in Hara Kei's village on his third trip, he can see Hara Kei's house. What does he notice?
(a) The birds are all released.
(b) The house is huge.
(c) The house looks out over the bay.
(d) The house is orange.
3. How far does Joncour travel for eggs on his first trip outside of Europe?
(a) 500 miles to London, England.
(b) 1600 miles by sea and 800 miles over land.
(c) 3000 miles for 4 months.
(d) 1500 miles.
4. What day does Joncour leave for his fourth trip to Japan?
(a) June 10th, 1896.
(b) July 16th, 1890.
(c) October 10, 1864.
(d) November 18th, 1869.
5. When Baldabiou returned to the mayor with the money made from the factories, what did he call the mayor?
(a) A blockhead.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A genius.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives across the street from Joncour?
2. When asked about the war in Japan, how does Joncour respond?
3. What color flowers does Madame Blanche wear?
4. What kind of living does Joncour make with the silk trade?
5. The morning after the party, who is waiting for Joncour outside of his house?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)