|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hara Kei's mistress dries off Joncour after his bath, what does she put in his hand?
(a) A note with Japanese writing.
(b) A piece of silk.
(c) A small bird.
(d) A silk egg.
2. What event are Helene and Joncour invited to on the Riviera?
(a) A Russian cleric's reception.
(b) A duke's wedding.
(c) An Italian baron's 60th birthday party.
(d) The king's birthday.
3. What is the Englishman, who sits next to Helene at the event, wearing in his lapel?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A diamond watch.
(c) Little blue flowers.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. When Hara Kei was a child, his father told him to shoot an arrow into the air. What was Hara Hei supposed to do after that?
(a) Get the dead bird.
(b) Follow the flight of the arrow to find his fortune.
(c) Watch it disappear from view.
(d) Shoot another arrow in the opposite direction.
5. Why does Baldabiou NOT want to send Joncour back to Japan for a fourth trip?
(a) Because it's so dangerous.
(b) Because he knows Joncour is having an affair.
(c) Because he is in love with Helene.
(d) Because he does not want to pay him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many silk eggs can a person hold in their hand?
2. Where did Baldabiou first see Joncour?
3. What does Louis Pasteur decide about the silk egg production in Chapter 41?
4. What does the mistress do before she leaves Joncour with his present?
5. What does Joncour enjoy in life?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)