|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joncour arrive in Hara Kei's village on his third trip?
(a) A carriage.
(b) On foot, so the news of his arrival will precede him.
(c) Riding horseback.
(d) On a donkey.
2. What did Baldabiou ask Joncour about when he returned from Egypt?
(a) The pyramids.
(b) The heat.
(c) The camels.
(d) The dolphins.
3. What does Madame Blanche do for a living?
(a) Runs a clothing store.
(b) Runs a brothel.
(c) Owns a silk mill.
(d) Runs a chocolate store.
4. By Imperial Decree, how many masts could a ship have sailing into Japan's harbors?
(a) 5 masts.
(c) 1 mast.
(d) 2 masts.
5. To whom did Baldabiou dedicate the building next to the silk factory?
(a) The Holy Mother Mary.
(b) Saint Agnes.
(d) Saint Cecilia.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Joncour negotiate the sale of silk eggs the first time?
2. Where does Madame Blanche live?
3. What did Baldabiou show the mayor when he first arrived in town?
4. What happens every time Hara Kei appears?
5. What does Baldabiou say it is like to hold Japanese silk?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)