|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Baldabiou play billiards?
(c) The mayor.
2. What does Hara Kei tell Joncour about the eggs that were sold to him by the other man?
(a) They're fish eggs.
(b) They're diseased eggs.
(c) They came from Egypt.
(d) They're fake eggs.
3. What spreads to Africa and India in the 1860s?
(a) The plague.
(b) Pebrine silkworm disease.
(d) The silk-manufacturing business.
4. How often do the servants serve tea to Joncour at the house he stays at in Japan?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once in the evening.
5. What did Baldabiou do with all of his secrets about silk?
(a) He only told Joncour.
(b) He only told Helene.
(c) He shared them.
(d) He only told the mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joncour do first when he arrives back at his home?
2. What is happening in America at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Baldabiou say it is like to hold Japanese silk?
4. What does Hara Kei take Joncour to the top of the hill to see?
5. Who came to Japan in 1853?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)