|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than money, what does Joncour have for his trip to Japan?
(a) The names of 3 men: a Chinaman, Dutchman and Japanese man.
(b) Passage already booked ahead of time.
(c) His luggage.
(d) A good map.
2. To whom did Baldabiou dedicate the building next to the silk factory?
(a) Saint Agnes.
(b) The Holy Mother Mary.
(c) Saint Cecilia.
3. What business is downstairs that Madame Blanche also owns?
(a) A draper's shop.
(b) A ticketing office for ships.
(c) A cigar shop.
(d) A silk shop.
4. What does Hara Kei tell Joncour about the eggs that were sold to him by the other man?
(a) They're fake eggs.
(b) They're diseased eggs.
(c) They're fish eggs.
(d) They came from Egypt.
5. How much money does Joncour have for his trip to Japan?
(a) 10,000 dollars.
(b) One million francs.
(c) 20 yen.
(d) 80,000 francs in gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the town of Lavilledieu when the silk eggs fail?
2. When Hara Kei was a child, his father told him to shoot an arrow into the air. What was Hara Hei supposed to do after that?
3. What work does the Englishman do that Joncour meets in the Japanese village?
4. On what ship did Joncour sail to Egypt?
5. What year is it when the novel begins?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)