|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Joncour's neighbor, initially?
(a) He goes blind.
(b) He gardens all the time.
(c) He decides to stop speaking.
(d) He is violent with his wife.
2. What novel is Flaubert writing at the time in the novel?
(c) The Rest Shall Die.
(d) God Given Talent.
3. What happens to the town of Lavilledieu when the silk eggs fail?
(a) It hurts the town financially.
(b) The town has a High Mass to pray for a better year.
(c) It has little effect on the town, as farming is the main producer.
(d) The town dies completely.
4. Where does Joncour live?
(a) In England.
(b) In a house outside of Lavilledieu.
(c) Over a coffee shop.
(d) In a villa at the beach.
5. When Baldabiou assembles all of Lavelledieu's silk manufacturers, what do they think of Japan?
(a) They know Japan to be dangerous.
(b) They have never heard of Japan.
(c) They have read about Japan.
(d) They have heard of the Japanese silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helene's most beautiful attribute?
2. What does Baldabiou say it is like to hold Japanese silk?
3. Who bands together to pay for Joncour's expedition to Japan?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Baldabiou drink with Joncour?
5. What did Herve Joncour's father want him to do for a living?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)