|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baldabiou build next to the silk factory after arriving in town?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A gym.
(d) A road.
2. By Imperial Decree, how many masts could a ship have sailing into Japan's harbors?
(a) 2 masts.
(b) 1 mast.
(d) 5 masts.
3. To whom did Baldabiou dedicate the building next to the silk factory?
(a) The Holy Mother Mary.
(c) Saint Cecilia.
(d) Saint Agnes.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Baldabiou drink with Joncour?
5. What did Herve Joncour's father want him to do for a living?
(a) Be a silk manufacturer.
(b) Be mayor.
(c) Be a baker.
(d) Have a career in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Joncour have for his trip to Japan?
2. How long does Joncour work with the eggs to prepare them for sale?
3. Where did Baldabiou first see Joncour?
4. What did Baldabiou do with all of his secrets about silk?
5. What is Helene's most beautiful attribute?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)