|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of living does Joncour make with the silk trade?
(a) He is the wealthiest man in town.
(b) He does not make very much money.
(c) A good living.
(d) He is poor by city standards.
2. When Baldabiou returned to the mayor with the money made from the factories, what did he call the mayor?
(a) A genius.
(b) A blockhead.
(c) A fool.
(d) An idiot.
3. By Imperial Decree, how many masts could a ship have sailing into Japan's harbors?
(a) 5 masts.
(b) 1 mast.
(d) 2 masts.
4. What year is it when the novel begins?
5. What happens to Joncour's neighbor in the end?
(a) He moves in with Helene and Joncour.
(b) His wife and daughters leave him and he dies.
(c) His daughters take care of him until he dies.
(d) His wife puts him away in a hospital for the insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant do the silk eggs live on as they hatch?
2. How does Joncour view life?
3. What happens to the town of Lavilledieu when the silk eggs fail?
4. What does Joncour enjoy in life?
5. What does Baldabiou observe about the silkworm trade in 1861?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)