|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joncour draw designs for after he buys the other house?
(a) An aviary.
(b) A garden.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A cloister.
2. What does Baldabiou think Joncour is doing with the house he buys?
(a) That it is a good hobby.
(b) That he's happy at last.
(c) That he's looking for something.
(d) That he's going crazy.
3. What does Helene do with the gift that Joncour gives her after his first trip to Japan?
(a) She wears it to parties.
(b) She puts it in a trunk for her daughter.
(c) She never wears it.
(d) She wears it all the time.
4. What business is downstairs that Madame Blanche also owns?
(a) A silk shop.
(b) A cigar shop.
(c) A draper's shop.
(d) A ticketing office for ships.
5. With whom does Baldabiou play billiards?
(c) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal sculpture does Baldabiou want in the middle of his garden?
2. What did Baldabiou ask Joncour about when he returned from Egypt?
3. What does Joncour do first when he arrives back at his home?
4. What was Joncour wearing the first time Baldabiou saw him?
5. To whom did Baldabiou dedicate the building next to the silk factory?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)