|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joncour arrive in Hara Kei's village on his third trip?
(a) On a donkey.
(b) Riding horseback.
(c) On foot, so the news of his arrival will precede him.
(d) A carriage.
2. When does Joncour arrive back in Lavillidieu from Japan?
(a) The first Sunday in April.
(b) The first Sunday in May.
(c) Before the new moon.
(d) The first Saturday in June.
3. When Baldabiou returned to the mayor with the money made from the factories, what did he call the mayor?
(a) A genius.
(b) A blockhead.
(c) A fool.
(d) An idiot.
4. On what ship did Joncour sail to Egypt?
(c) Egyptian Palm.
5. When Joncour tries to communicate with the mistress in front of Hara Kei, what does he say to Joncour?
(a) "She cannot hear you."
(b) "She doesn't know your language."
(c) "She only speaks Japanese."
(d) "She is not yours."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago did Baldabiou come to town?
2. Who was Joncour's dad?
3. To whom did Baldabiou dedicate the building next to the silk factory?
4. What does Joncour do first when he arrives back at his home?
5. What does Joncour do in the house he buys?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)