|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
2. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
3. What job does Julian get that Lucia says sounds like stability to her?
4. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
5. Why does Julian cry in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Don Manuel. What role does he play in Julian's life? Do you think he uses manipulation to influence Julian? How so?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Xenufla and Sol? How does Xenufla take care of Sol and provide guidance in her life? How does Xenufla influence Sol's decision to visit the shrine of St. Rita?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Julian and Sol. What makes them feel as if they have known each other forever? Why does Julian resist his love for her?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)