|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
2. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
3. What does Don Manuel say to his wife when she asks him if he is drunk?
4. What does Julian want to tell Sol about after he plays chess with Don Manuel at his home?
5. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Don Manuel. What role does he play in Julian's life? Do you think he uses manipulation to influence Julian? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Dreams play an important role in Julian's life. How does the author use dreams to reveal Julian's true feelings? Describe a specific dream that Julian has and discuss what it tells you about his character.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sol's visit to the statue of St. Rita. How does she have to prepare for this visit? What does her vision reveal?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)