|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
(a) Drinks from it.
(b) Swipes it off the surface of the table.
(c) Fills it up again.
(d) Empties it into the sink.
2. What game does Julian tell Don Manuel he loves?
(d) Chinese Checkers.
3. What does Don Manuel invite Julian to do when he sees him at the library?
(a) Go to lunch with him.
(b) Watch a play.
(c) Take a trip to Mexico City.
(d) Play a game of stick ball.
4. What kind of tea is made with button mushrooms and secret herbs?
(a) English breakfast tea.
(b) Cakchiquel tea.
(c) Mexican tea.
(d) Darjeeling tea.
5. What does Julian feel as he watches his new wife walk down the hotel stairs?
(a) He has never felt lonelier in his life.
(c) Great happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter that Julian sends to the minister of public information in Chapter 23?
2. What does Don Manuel say when Julian tells him he is to be married in Mexico City?
3. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
4. What opera is Sol playing a love song from when Julian is playing chess with her father on the patio?
5. What does Julian decide he must do after writing a letter to Lucia telling her about Sol?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)