|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julian say Sol is?
(a) The woman of his poems.
(b) Someone he will marry.
(c) A long lost cousin.
(d) A woman he realizes was his neighbor.
2. What does Professor Saavedra say about Sol in the carriage ride home that Julian remembers later that night?
(a) "She is beautiful, isn't she?"
(b) "What a nice girl."
(c) "She looks like her mother, doesn't she?"
(d) "You both looked fine dancing together."
3. What did Don Manuel's three-year-old son Manuelito die of?
(d) Scarlet Fever.
4. What are jocotillos?
(a) Special horses.
(c) Tiny plums.
5. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
(b) Guest house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places Sol's gown on a dummy after the party is over?
2. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
3. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
4. What opera is Sol playing a love song from when Julian is playing chess with her father on the patio?
5. How does Julian feel when he remembers Sol's words about following his dreams?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)