|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucia looks in the mirror at the end of Chapter 16, what does she think she looks like?
(a) Her old self.
(c) A child.
(d) A beautiful woman.
2. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
(a) Riding outfit.
(b) A dress for a ball.
(c) Her wedding gown.
3. Where does Julian wait for Sol in Chapter 24?
4. What month is it when Julian and Don Manuel play chess outside under the magnolia tree?
5. What does Don Manuel say to his wife when she asks him if he is drunk?
(a) "Drunk with pleasure!"
(b) "I've only had one drink."
(c) "No, I would never get drunk with you."
(d) "Yes, my love, tonight I am drunk with life!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hotel are Julian and Lucia staying in?
2. What did Juan de Dios Rosado write that Don Manuel is having performed at his party?
3. What is bothering Saavedra about his formal wear as he goes to Don Manuel's party?
4. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
5. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)