|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sol at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Dining room.
(c) With her mother in the parlor.
2. What does Lucia read about Sol in the society pages of El Progreso?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is married.
(c) She has died of malaria.
(d) She is enrolled in college.
3. What did Juan de Dios Rosado write that Don Manuel is having performed at his party?
4. What does the doctor tell Sol when she has a high fever at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) A cold must be sweated out.
(b) To get some exercise.
(c) To leave the windows open.
(d) To enjoy the sea air.
5. What does Sol give Julian when he tells her he has to leave for Mexico City?
(a) Small photograph of herself and a white rose.
(b) Lock of her hair.
(d) Heart-shaped rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia whisper to Senora Saavedra at the end of Chapter 21?
2. What did Don Manuel's three-year-old son Manuelito die of?
3. What does Don Manuel say when Julian tells him he is to be married in Mexico City?
4. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
5. When were all the Clericals executed?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)