|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian say is inside his head asking questions?
(a) His mother's voice.
(b) Two carrion birds.
(c) A judge's voice.
(d) His father's voice.
2. What does Sol think about the news that Julian is getting married in Mexico City?
(a) She needs a new boyfriend.
(b) It must be a mistake.
(c) Good riddance!
(d) Xenufla was right.
3. What did Juan de Dios Rosado write that Don Manuel is having performed at his party?
4. Where is Sol standing when Julian first sees her at Don Manuel's party?
(a) Top of the stairs.
(b) Outside in the courtyard.
(c) Dancing in the ballroom.
(d) Dining room.
5. What does Don Manuel invite Julian to do when he sees him at the library?
(a) Play a game of stick ball.
(b) Go to lunch with him.
(c) Watch a play.
(d) Take a trip to Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
2. What job does Julian get that Lucia says sounds like stability to her?
3. What does Professor Saavedra say about Sol in the carriage ride home that Julian remembers later that night?
4. What does Lucia whisper to Senora Saavedra at the end of Chapter 21?
5. What is in the letter that Julian sends to the minister of public information in Chapter 23?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)