|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian want to tell Sol about after he plays chess with Don Manuel at his home?
(a) His appreciation of her musical abilities.
(b) Reading her diary.
(d) His poetry.
2. What did a Spanish judge accuse Julian of when he was 17?
(d) Breaking and Entering.
3. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Plan a new course.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Write an article.
(d) Write a report.
4. What can Lucia hear when she looks out the hotel window on her wedding trip?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Street vendors.
5. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
(a) To do research for a play.
(b) To borrow some books of poetry.
(c) To read literature for his next class.
(d) To inquire about a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia whisper to Senora Saavedra at the end of Chapter 21?
2. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
3. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
4. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
5. What month is it when Julian and Don Manuel play chess outside under the magnolia tree?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)