|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Manuel cancel so Julian will fulfill his obligation to the minister of arts?
(a) Meetings with officials.
(b) Chess games.
2. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Write a report.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Write an article.
(d) Plan a new course.
3. What is the date when Lucia is looking out her hotel window on her wedding trip?
(a) February 2, 1899.
(b) May 1, 1900.
(c) March 3, 1921.
(d) January 1, 1878.
4. What does Julian decide he must do after writing a letter to Lucia telling her about Sol?
(a) Send the letter.
(b) He cannot break his word to Lucia.
(c) Make her break their engagement.
(d) Never go back to Mexico.
5. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia do that astonishes her aunts in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Sol keep her diary hidden?
3. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
4. What does Julian want to tell Sol about after he plays chess with Don Manuel at his home?
5. Where is Sol standing when Julian first sees her at Don Manuel's party?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)