|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Sol when she has a high fever at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) To enjoy the sea air.
(b) A cold must be sweated out.
(c) To leave the windows open.
(d) To get some exercise.
2. What kind of hotel are Julian and Lucia staying in?
(a) The most expensive in Acapulco.
(b) The least expensive in Mexico City.
(c) A bed and breakfast near a river.
(d) A rundown hotel.
3. What does Don Manuel invite Julian to do when he sees him at the library?
(a) Play a game of stick ball.
(b) Go to lunch with him.
(c) Watch a play.
(d) Take a trip to Mexico City.
4. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
(b) A letter.
(c) Her diary.
5. Who remembers the Cuban saying "A lot more can be achieved with sugar than vinegar"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sol think about the news that Julian is getting married in Mexico City?
2. What kind of tea is made with button mushrooms and secret herbs?
3. What does Lucia read about Sol in the society pages of El Progreso?
4. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
5. What is bothering Saavedra about his formal wear as he goes to Don Manuel's party?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)