|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian say is inside his head asking questions?
(a) His father's voice.
(b) His mother's voice.
(c) Two carrion birds.
(d) A judge's voice.
2. What does Lucia read about Sol in the society pages of El Progreso?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is enrolled in college.
(c) She is married.
(d) She has died of malaria.
3. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
(a) It can always be revised.
(b) It is never to be broken.
(c) A judge can decide to change it.
(d) He must petition a priest to change it.
4. Who asks Sol if she likes Julian?
(a) Dona Rosaura.
(c) Don Manuel.
5. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Write an article.
(b) Plan a new course.
(c) Write a report.
(d) Leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hotel are Julian and Lucia staying in?
2. How does Julian feel when he remembers Sol's words about following his dreams?
3. What does Sol tear up and give to Julian at her coming-of-age party?
4. What does Julian tell Panoplo he has found in Sol?
5. What did Don Manuel's three-year-old son Manuelito die of?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)