|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
(a) "Forget all about me."
(b) "Be well."
(c) "Don't forget me."
2. What does Julian tell Panoplo he has found in Sol?
(a) An intellectual for him to talk with.
(b) The woman of his dreams.
(c) Writer of editorials to the newspaper.
(d) An assistant.
3. What does Lucia do that astonishes her aunts in Chapter 14?
(a) Writes poetry.
(b) Agrees to eloping.
(c) Sings while playing the piano.
(d) Talks passionately about Julian.
4. What does Don Manuel invite Julian to do when he sees him at the library?
(a) Take a trip to Mexico City.
(b) Go to lunch with him.
(c) Watch a play.
(d) Play a game of stick ball.
5. What game does Julian tell Don Manuel he loves?
(d) Chinese Checkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Where is Sol standing when Julian first sees her at Don Manuel's party?
3. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
4. What does Lucia whisper to Senora Saavedra at the end of Chapter 21?
5. Who does Julian say Sol is?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)