|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
(a) Swipes it off the surface of the table.
(b) Drinks from it.
(c) Empties it into the sink.
(d) Fills it up again.
2. Why does Gabriela tell Sol that she is perfect for Julian?
(a) They both adore opera.
(b) They both like cats.
(c) Because they like the same books.
(d) Because they are both half crazy
3. What does Julian tell Panoplo he has found in Sol?
(a) An intellectual for him to talk with.
(b) Writer of editorials to the newspaper.
(c) An assistant.
(d) The woman of his dreams.
4. What subject is Julian writing about in his notebook at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. When does Julian have to leave for Mexico City to be in time for his wedding?
(a) December 10.
(b) September 15.
(c) October 2.
(d) May 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Juan de Dios Rosado write that Don Manuel is having performed at his party?
2. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
3. What does Don Manuel cancel so Julian will fulfill his obligation to the minister of arts?
4. What is bothering Saavedra about his formal wear as he goes to Don Manuel's party?
5. What does Don Manuel say when Julian tells him he is to be married in Mexico City?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)