|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucia looks in the mirror at the end of Chapter 16, what does she think she looks like?
(b) Her old self.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A child.
2. Who does Julian say Sol is?
(a) A long lost cousin.
(b) The woman of his poems.
(c) Someone he will marry.
(d) A woman he realizes was his neighbor.
3. What does Lucia read about Sol in the society pages of El Progreso?
(a) She has died of malaria.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is engaged.
(d) She is enrolled in college.
4. What does Julian tell Panoplo he has found in Sol?
(a) The woman of his dreams.
(b) An assistant.
(c) An intellectual for him to talk with.
(d) Writer of editorials to the newspaper.
5. What does Don Manuel say to his wife when she asks him if he is drunk?
(a) "Yes, my love, tonight I am drunk with life!"
(b) "Drunk with pleasure!"
(c) "I've only had one drink."
(d) "No, I would never get drunk with you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sol lead Julian while they are on a walk in Chapter 16?
2. What did Minister Andrujal add at the end of his letter in his own handwriting?
3. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
4. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
5. What does Sol think that Julian shares with her father?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)