|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the statue that Julian sees in El Parque de La Victoria?
(a) The Mighty General.
(b) Gautemalan Revolution.
(c) Children at Play.
(d) The Spirit of Guatemala.
2. What military title does Don Manuel hold?
3. What toast does Julian make in Chapter 5?
(a) Bottoms up!
(b) To tomorrow.
(c) Here's to me!
4. What kind of music does Julian hear as he walks back to his room in Chapter 6?
5. What tree is in full bloom as Julian walks home in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of courses does Julian teach part-time in Chapter 7?
2. Who needs to approve Julian's application for work?
3. What does Professor Saavedra say about the Escuela Central when he shows Julian around it?
4. How old is Julian at the beginning of the novel?
5. How old is Lucia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sol's state of mind at the beginning of the Prologue?
2. Is Lucia impressed with the Manuels and their home?
3. What is Lucia's state of mind at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. Describe Sol's appearance when she sees Julian for the last time before he is married.
5. Describe the oath Julian makes to himself as he watches the ship disappear with his wife and child.
6. What happens when Julian sees Sol during his and Lucia's visit to the Manuel home?
7. Describe Sol's conflicting emotions as she says goodbye to Julian before he leaves for Mexico City.
8. Describe Julian's feelings for Lucia.
9. What does Senora Saavedra tell Julian about the composer Juan de Dios Rosado?
10. What are Xenufla's instructions for how Sol should prepare for her visit to St. Rita?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)