|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Julian to travel to Guatemala City through the jungle?
(a) Eight days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two days.
2. Who is Gabriela?
(a) Don Manuel's daughter.
(b) Robios' sister.
(c) Saavedra's niece.
(d) Julian's cousin.
3. What question does Sol ask her nanny as they get into the carriage to return home after Sol leaves the church?
(a) "Did you feel the earthquake?"
(b) "Don't you think this is a waste of time?"
(c) "What time is it?"
(d) "Where shall we go to dinner?"
4. Who is Panoplo?
(a) Mayan bartender.
5. How does Lucia first react when she reads the article about Julian's debate speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pellejuda mean?
2. Where does Julian find a room in Guatemala City?
3. What military title does Don Manuel hold?
4. What did Gabriela rip from a bound set of journals?
5. How many fortunes did Julian receive form the organ grinder's monkey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucia hide Julian's passionate words on the back of the postcard?
2. What crisis is occurring in Guatemala City that Saavedra tells Julian about when he returns?
3. Is Lucia impressed with the Manuels and their home?
4. Describe how Julian finds a place to stay when he arrives in Guatemala.
5. Has Julian had a hard life since he was exiled from Cuba?
6. Why is Lucia angry when she receives the copy of the article about Julian?
7. What is the journey that Julian takes to get to Guatemala City?
8. What did Julian's friends and family tell him about his dreams of freeing Cuba?
9. What does Xenufla think about Sol's lack of a husband?
10. What kind of job does Julian hope to receive in Guatemala?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)