Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julian wait for Sol in Chapter 24?
2. Why does Julian cry in Chapter 11?
(a) He longs to return to Cuba.
(b) He is sad he has no job.
(c) Because he is joyful about meeting Sol.
(d) He misses Lucia.
3. What did a Spanish judge accuse Julian of when he was 17?
(d) Breaking and Entering.
4. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
5. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
(a) It can always be revised.
(b) It is never to be broken.
(c) A judge can decide to change it.
(d) He must petition a priest to change it.
6. What did Don Manuel's three-year-old son Manuelito die of?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
7. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Within two and a half weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
8. What does Sol give Julian when he tells her he has to leave for Mexico City?
(b) Small photograph of herself and a white rose.
(c) Heart-shaped rock.
(d) Lock of her hair.
9. What does Professor Saavedra say about Sol in the carriage ride home that Julian remembers later that night?
(a) "You both looked fine dancing together."
(b) "She is beautiful, isn't she?"
(c) "What a nice girl."
(d) "She looks like her mother, doesn't she?"
10. What subject is Julian writing about in his notebook at the beginning of Chapter 10?
11. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) He will never be alone.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He wants to die.
12. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
(b) Guest house.
13. What is driving Xenufla crazy about Sol on Friday morning, the day Julian visits Don Manuel at home?
(a) Sol has changed her clothes three times already.
(b) The clock is not working.
(c) Sol is pestering her for lunch.
(d) Sol is complaining about everything.
14. What is Senora Saavedra wearing in her hair when she is going to Don Manuel's party?
(a) Magnolia blossom.
(b) Decorative combs.
(c) Jeweled bobby pins.
15. What is Lucia's reaction to the news that she and Julian are moving from Guatemala?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Julian tell Don Manuel he loves?
2. Where does Sol lead Julian while they are on a walk in Chapter 16?
3. Who remembers the Cuban saying "A lot more can be achieved with sugar than vinegar"?
4. What does Don Manuel invite Julian to do when he sees him at the library?
5. Who asks Sol if she likes Julian?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)