|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
(a) A dress for a ball.
(b) Her wedding gown.
(c) Riding outfit.
2. Where does Sol lead Julian while they are on a walk in Chapter 16?
3. What is driving Xenufla crazy about Sol on Friday morning, the day Julian visits Don Manuel at home?
(a) Sol is complaining about everything.
(b) Sol is pestering her for lunch.
(c) Sol has changed her clothes three times already.
(d) The clock is not working.
4. What did Juan de Dios Rosado write that Don Manuel is having performed at his party?
5. What kind of tea is made with button mushrooms and secret herbs?
(a) Cakchiquel tea.
(b) English breakfast tea.
(c) Darjeeling tea.
(d) Mexican tea.
6. When Lucia looks in the mirror at the end of Chapter 16, what does she think she looks like?
(a) Her old self.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(d) A child.
7. What does Lucia read about Sol in the society pages of El Progreso?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is enrolled in college.
(c) She is married.
(d) She has died of malaria.
8. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
(c) Guest house.
9. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) He will never be alone.
(d) He is lonely.
10. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Within two and a half weeks.
11. How much back pay does Julian receive when he starts his full-time job?
(a) One week.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
12. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
(a) To inquire about a job.
(b) To borrow some books of poetry.
(c) To read literature for his next class.
(d) To do research for a play.
13. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
(a) A letter.
(d) Her diary.
14. What job does Julian get that Lucia says sounds like stability to her?
(c) Article writer.
(d) University professor.
15. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
(a) Drinks from it.
(b) Empties it into the sink.
(c) Fills it up again.
(d) Swipes it off the surface of the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
2. What does Julian want to tell Sol about after he plays chess with Don Manuel at his home?
3. What did Minister Andrujal add at the end of his letter in his own handwriting?
4. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
5. What does Lucia whisper to Senora Saavedra at the end of Chapter 21?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)