|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol think that Julian shares with her father?
(a) They both have lots of money.
(b) They are both lazy.
(c) They are both generals.
(d) They are both dreamers and fighters.
2. What job does Julian get that Lucia says sounds like stability to her?
(c) Article writer.
(d) University professor.
3. How does Julian feel when he remembers Sol's words about following his dreams?
4. What does Sol give Julian when he tells her he has to leave for Mexico City?
(b) Lock of her hair.
(c) Small photograph of herself and a white rose.
(d) Heart-shaped rock.
5. What does Don Manuel invite Julian to do when he sees him at the library?
(a) Take a trip to Mexico City.
(b) Watch a play.
(c) Play a game of stick ball.
(d) Go to lunch with him.
6. What is Senora Saavedra wearing in her hair when she is going to Don Manuel's party?
(a) Jeweled bobby pins.
(b) Magnolia blossom.
(d) Decorative combs.
7. How much back pay does Julian receive when he starts his full-time job?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
8. What are jocotillos?
(a) Special horses.
(c) Tiny plums.
9. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Write a report.
(b) Write an article.
(c) Plan a new course.
(d) Leave the country.
10. What does Julian say is inside his head asking questions?
(a) Two carrion birds.
(b) A judge's voice.
(c) His father's voice.
(d) His mother's voice.
11. Where is Sol standing when Julian first sees her at Don Manuel's party?
(a) Dining room.
(b) Dancing in the ballroom.
(c) Top of the stairs.
(d) Outside in the courtyard.
12. What does Julian feel as he watches his new wife walk down the hotel stairs?
(a) He has never felt lonelier in his life.
(c) Great happiness.
13. What game does Julian tell Don Manuel he loves?
(a) Chinese Checkers.
14. What is in the letter that Julian sends to the minister of public information in Chapter 23?
(a) His resignation.
(c) Newspaper article.
(d) His diploma.
15. What is Lucia's reaction to the news that she and Julian are moving from Guatemala?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sol keep her diary hidden?
2. What did a Spanish judge accuse Julian of when he was 17?
3. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
4. Who does Julian say Sol is?
5. What month is it when Julian and Don Manuel play chess outside under the magnolia tree?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)