|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
(a) Sincerely heartfelt.
2. What stationery does Lucia use to write to her family while on her wedding trip?
(a) Stationery she borrowed from another guest.
(b) The hotel's fancy embossed stationery.
(c) Her personal stationery.
(d) Julian's stationery.
3. Who remembers the Cuban saying "A lot more can be achieved with sugar than vinegar"?
4. What does Julian want to tell Sol about after he plays chess with Don Manuel at his home?
(b) His appreciation of her musical abilities.
(c) His poetry.
(d) Reading her diary.
5. Why does Gabriela tell Sol that she is perfect for Julian?
(a) They both like cats.
(b) Because they like the same books.
(c) Because they are both half crazy
(d) They both adore opera.
6. What opera is Sol playing a love song from when Julian is playing chess with her father on the patio?
(a) La Rondine.
(b) Tristan and Isolde.
(c) La Boheme.
7. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Within two and a half weeks.
8. What is bothering Saavedra about his formal wear as he goes to Don Manuel's party?
(a) His hat is too big.
(b) His pants feel rough.
(c) His gloves are too tight.
(d) The starched linen collar.
9. What does Sol think about the news that Julian is getting married in Mexico City?
(a) It must be a mistake.
(b) Xenufla was right.
(c) She needs a new boyfriend.
(d) Good riddance!
10. When does Julian have to leave for Mexico City to be in time for his wedding?
(a) December 10.
(b) May 12.
(c) September 15.
(d) October 2.
11. Where is Sol at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) With her mother in the parlor.
(b) Dining room.
12. What does Julian hit with his closed fist at the end of Chapter 20?
13. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Plan a new course.
(c) Write an article.
(d) Write a report.
14. What does Julian feel as he watches his new wife walk down the hotel stairs?
(a) Great happiness.
(c) He has never felt lonelier in his life.
15. How does Julian feel when he remembers Sol's words about following his dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were all the Clericals executed?
2. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
3. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
4. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
5. What does Julian thinks he sees on Sol's shoulders at the party?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)