|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places Sol's gown on a dummy after the party is over?
(b) Her youngest sister.
(c) Her mother.
2. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) He will never be alone.
(b) He is distraught.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He wants to die.
3. Who remembers the Cuban saying "A lot more can be achieved with sugar than vinegar"?
4. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
(b) "Be well."
(c) "Forget all about me."
(d) "Don't forget me."
5. What is the gin flask made from?
6. How much back pay does Julian receive when he starts his full-time job?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
7. What did Minister Andrujal add at the end of his letter in his own handwriting?
(a) "If you need anything, just ask."
(b) "Best wishes."
(c) "Julian, please."
(d) "See you tomorrow."
8. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
(a) It can always be revised.
(b) He must petition a priest to change it.
(c) A judge can decide to change it.
(d) It is never to be broken.
9. What does Lucia whisper to Senora Saavedra at the end of Chapter 21?
(a) She hates Guatemala.
(b) She is sure that Julian has a mistress.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She needs a recommendation for a maid.
10. How does Julian feel when he remembers Sol's words about following his dreams?
11. When were all the Clericals executed?
(a) At dawn.
12. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
(a) Her wedding gown.
(c) Riding outfit.
(d) A dress for a ball.
13. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
(a) To do research for a play.
(b) To borrow some books of poetry.
(c) To read literature for his next class.
(d) To inquire about a job.
14. What does Julian tell Panoplo he has found in Sol?
(a) Writer of editorials to the newspaper.
(b) An intellectual for him to talk with.
(c) The woman of his dreams.
(d) An assistant.
15. When Lucia looks in the mirror at the end of Chapter 16, what does she think she looks like?
(a) A child.
(b) Her old self.
(c) A beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stationery does Lucia use to write to her family while on her wedding trip?
2. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
3. When does Julian have to leave for Mexico City to be in time for his wedding?
4. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
5. What is driving Xenufla crazy about Sol on Friday morning, the day Julian visits Don Manuel at home?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)