|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
(a) Her diary.
(c) A letter.
2. What month is it when Julian and Don Manuel play chess outside under the magnolia tree?
3. Who asks Sol if she likes Julian?
(a) Don Manuel.
(d) Dona Rosaura.
4. What does Julian feel as he watches his new wife walk down the hotel stairs?
(a) He has never felt lonelier in his life.
(d) Great happiness.
5. Who places Sol's gown on a dummy after the party is over?
(c) Her youngest sister.
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Julian hit with his closed fist at the end of Chapter 20?
7. What is in the letter that Julian sends to the minister of public information in Chapter 23?
(a) His resignation.
(b) His diploma.
(c) Newspaper article.
8. How does Julian feel when he remembers Sol's words about following his dreams?
9. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Within two and a half weeks.
10. What kind of tea is made with button mushrooms and secret herbs?
(a) Darjeeling tea.
(b) Cakchiquel tea.
(c) Mexican tea.
(d) English breakfast tea.
11. What is the weather in Guatemala City on December 9?
(d) Heat wave.
12. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
(a) His sun.
(b) A musical genius.
(c) A friend.
(d) A nice girl.
13. What is driving Xenufla crazy about Sol on Friday morning, the day Julian visits Don Manuel at home?
(a) Sol is pestering her for lunch.
(b) Sol has changed her clothes three times already.
(c) Sol is complaining about everything.
(d) The clock is not working.
14. What did a Spanish judge accuse Julian of when he was 17?
(b) Breaking and Entering.
15. What does Julian decide he must do after writing a letter to Lucia telling her about Sol?
(a) Make her break their engagement.
(b) Never go back to Mexico.
(c) He cannot break his word to Lucia.
(d) Send the letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Julian have to leave for Mexico City to be in time for his wedding?
2. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
3. What is the gin flask made from?
4. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
5. How much back pay does Julian receive when he starts his full-time job?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)