|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Julian get that Lucia says sounds like stability to her?
(a) University professor.
(c) Article writer.
2. What game does Julian tell Don Manuel he loves?
(a) Chinese Checkers.
3. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
(d) Guest house.
4. What did Minister Andrujal add at the end of his letter in his own handwriting?
(a) "See you tomorrow."
(b) "Best wishes."
(c) "If you need anything, just ask."
(d) "Julian, please."
5. What is the date when Lucia is looking out her hotel window on her wedding trip?
(a) February 2, 1899.
(b) January 1, 1878.
(c) May 1, 1900.
(d) March 3, 1921.
6. Who does Julian say Sol is?
(a) The woman of his poems.
(b) Someone he will marry.
(c) A woman he realizes was his neighbor.
(d) A long lost cousin.
7. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Within two and a half weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One month.
8. What does Sol give Julian when he tells her he has to leave for Mexico City?
(b) Small photograph of herself and a white rose.
(c) Lock of her hair.
(d) Heart-shaped rock.
9. What does Julian thinks he sees on Sol's shoulders at the party?
(d) Magnolia flowers.
10. What is Senora Saavedra wearing in her hair when she is going to Don Manuel's party?
(a) Magnolia blossom.
(b) Decorative combs.
(d) Jeweled bobby pins.
11. What does Lucia do that astonishes her aunts in Chapter 14?
(a) Agrees to eloping.
(b) Talks passionately about Julian.
(c) Writes poetry.
(d) Sings while playing the piano.
12. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
13. What does Julian do with the gin flask in Chapter 20?
(a) Drinks from it.
(b) Empties it into the sink.
(c) Swipes it off the surface of the table.
(d) Fills it up again.
14. What does Lucia read about Sol in the society pages of El Progreso?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is enrolled in college.
(c) She has died of malaria.
(d) She is engaged.
15. What does Julian hit with his closed fist at the end of Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Julian and Don Manuel play chess outside under the magnolia tree?
2. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
3. What is the gin flask made from?
4. Where is Sol at the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. When does Julian have to leave for Mexico City to be in time for his wedding?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)