|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the letter that Julian sends to the minister of public information in Chapter 23?
(b) His resignation.
(c) Newspaper article.
(d) His diploma.
2. What does Don Manuel say when Julian tells him he is to be married in Mexico City?
(b) "I can't believe you!"
(c) "Congratulations, my boy."
(d) "You horrible man!"
3. What subject is Julian writing about in his notebook at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What is bothering Saavedra about his formal wear as he goes to Don Manuel's party?
(a) The starched linen collar.
(b) His pants feel rough.
(c) His gloves are too tight.
(d) His hat is too big.
5. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
(a) To inquire about a job.
(b) To borrow some books of poetry.
(c) To do research for a play.
(d) To read literature for his next class.
6. What does Sol give Julian when he tells her he has to leave for Mexico City?
(b) Lock of her hair.
(c) Small photograph of herself and a white rose.
(d) Heart-shaped rock.
7. What is the date when Lucia is looking out her hotel window on her wedding trip?
(a) February 2, 1899.
(b) March 3, 1921.
(c) January 1, 1878.
(d) May 1, 1900.
8. Where does Sol lead Julian while they are on a walk in Chapter 16?
9. Why does Gabriela tell Sol that she is perfect for Julian?
(a) Because they like the same books.
(b) They both adore opera.
(c) Because they are both half crazy
(d) They both like cats.
10. When were all the Clericals executed?
(d) At dawn.
11. What job does Julian get that Lucia says sounds like stability to her?
(a) University professor.
(c) Article writer.
12. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
(a) Sincerely heartfelt.
13. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Within two and a half weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One month.
14. What does Julian decide he must do after writing a letter to Lucia telling her about Sol?
(a) Make her break their engagement.
(b) He cannot break his word to Lucia.
(c) Never go back to Mexico.
(d) Send the letter.
15. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
(a) A musical genius.
(b) A nice girl.
(c) His sun.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian tell Panoplo he has found in Sol?
2. What does Don Manuel cancel so Julian will fulfill his obligation to the minister of arts?
3. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
4. What does Don Manuel say to his wife when she asks him if he is drunk?
5. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)