|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a Spanish judge accuse Julian of when he was 17?
(c) Breaking and Entering.
2. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
(b) "Be well."
(c) "Forget all about me."
(d) "Don't forget me."
3. What kind of smile does Julian give Lucia on their wedding trip?
(a) Sincerely heartfelt.
4. What is the gin flask made from?
5. Where does Sol keep her diary hidden?
(b) Locked in her desk.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) Under the bed.
6. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Plan a new course.
(b) Write an article.
(c) Write a report.
(d) Leave the country.
7. What can Lucia hear when she looks out the hotel window on her wedding trip?
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Street vendors.
8. Where does Sol lead Julian while they are on a walk in Chapter 16?
9. Who does Julian say Sol is?
(a) The woman of his poems.
(b) A woman he realizes was his neighbor.
(c) Someone he will marry.
(d) A long lost cousin.
10. How much back pay does Julian receive when he starts his full-time job?
(a) One week.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
11. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
(c) Guest house.
12. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) Within two and a half weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
13. What does Julian realize as he watches the sun rise at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He will never be alone.
(d) He is distraught.
14. What is driving Xenufla crazy about Sol on Friday morning, the day Julian visits Don Manuel at home?
(a) The clock is not working.
(b) Sol has changed her clothes three times already.
(c) Sol is pestering her for lunch.
(d) Sol is complaining about everything.
15. What opera is Sol playing a love song from when Julian is playing chess with her father on the patio?
(a) Tristan and Isolde.
(b) La Rondine.
(d) La Boheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Saavedra say about Sol in the carriage ride home that Julian remembers later that night?
2. What does Julian thinks he sees on Sol's shoulders at the party?
3. What does Julian do when he faces the sun at the end of Chapter 20?
4. What kind of hotel are Julian and Lucia staying in?
5. What does Sol tear up and give to Julian at her coming-of-age party?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)