|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julian cry in Chapter 11?
(a) Because he is joyful about meeting Sol.
(b) He is sad he has no job.
(c) He misses Lucia.
(d) He longs to return to Cuba.
2. How long does it take Lucia to buy her trousseau after Julian sends her money?
(a) One month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Within two and a half weeks.
3. What does Sol give Julian that is very dear to her after he talks about his feelings of friendship for her?
(a) Her diary.
(d) A letter.
4. What does Professor Saavedra say about Sol in the carriage ride home that Julian remembers later that night?
(a) "You both looked fine dancing together."
(b) "She looks like her mother, doesn't she?"
(c) "She is beautiful, isn't she?"
(d) "What a nice girl."
5. What kind of tea is made with button mushrooms and secret herbs?
(a) Darjeeling tea.
(b) Mexican tea.
(c) Cakchiquel tea.
(d) English breakfast tea.
6. Why does Julian go to the library El Ateneo in Chapter 13?
(a) To do research for a play.
(b) To inquire about a job.
(c) To read literature for his next class.
(d) To borrow some books of poetry.
7. Where does Sol lead Julian while they are on a walk in Chapter 16?
8. When Sol rushes out of the house in Chapter 20, where is she going?
(c) Guest house.
9. Who places Sol's gown on a dummy after the party is over?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her youngest sister.
10. What opera is Sol playing a love song from when Julian is playing chess with her father on the patio?
(a) Tristan and Isolde.
(c) La Rondine.
(d) La Boheme.
11. Why does Gabriela tell Sol that she is perfect for Julian?
(a) Because they are both half crazy
(b) Because they like the same books.
(c) They both adore opera.
(d) They both like cats.
12. What does Julian hit with his closed fist at the end of Chapter 20?
13. What does Julian want to tell Sol about after he plays chess with Don Manuel at his home?
(a) His poetry.
(c) Reading her diary.
(d) His appreciation of her musical abilities.
14. What does Rubios give Saavedra one week to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Write a report.
(c) Write an article.
(d) Plan a new course.
15. What is driving Xenufla crazy about Sol on Friday morning, the day Julian visits Don Manuel at home?
(a) Sol has changed her clothes three times already.
(b) The clock is not working.
(c) Sol is pestering her for lunch.
(d) Sol is complaining about everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sol say to Julian after she gives him her gift before he leaves for Mexico?
2. Where does Sol keep her diary hidden?
3. What is Lucia being fitted for by her aunts in the sewing room of her house?
4. What does Julian call Sol after he rips up his letter to Lucia?
5. When were all the Clericals executed?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)