|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucia put on the back of the newspaper article about Julian?
2. What is Sol's hair color?
3. What does Julian say he will be in his life?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A thinker.
(c) A doer.
(d) A talker.
4. Who does Sol's nanny say will be coming to find her?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The police.
5. Who is Senor Fremin?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Julian's uncle.
(c) Enemy of Julian's.
(d) Julian's friend.
6. Where does Julian find a room in Guatemala City?
(a) In a homeless shelter.
(b) At the home of an old Mayan woman.
(c) At a bed and Breakfast.
(d) At a hotel.
7. What does Sol's nanny think it's well past time for in Sol's life?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) Giving up her childhood blanket.
(c) Staying up late.
(d) A husband.
8. What is the name of Sol's nanny?
9. Who needs to approve Julian's application for work?
(b) Minister of public instruction.
(d) Don Manuel.
10. What has Sol attracted in her life?
11. Where does Lucia paste the postcard that Julian sent her?
(a) In her diary.
(b) In her album.
(c) In a cookbook.
(d) In a book.
12. Who is Panoplo?
(c) Mayan bartender.
13. How does Julian reach Guatemala City after he leaves the steamship?
(a) Mule team.
14. What is Julian awaiting from Zaragoza, Spain?
(a) Work papers.
(b) Tax forms.
(c) Copy of his diploma.
(d) Birth certificate.
15. What does Professor Saavedra say about the Escuela Central when he shows Julian around it?
(a) It is a monumental building.
(b) He is ashamed to teach there.
(c) It is in decay.
(d) Julian will never be good enough to teach there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Julian have concealed under his vest?
2. What does Julian ask Panoplo about?
3. How old is Lucia?
4. Who is Gabriela?
5. What nationality is the organ grinder that Julian sees in the park?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)