|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wave of the Gods, Chapters 13, 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was Julian exiled from his country of birth?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Nine years.
2. What does the organ grinder's monkey do when people place a coin in his tin cup?
(b) Gives them a piece of paper with a fortune on it.
(c) Does a somersault.
(d) Hops up on their shoulder.
3. What opera is Sol playing a love song from when Julian is playing chess with her father on the patio?
(a) La Rondine.
(b) Tristan and Isolde.
(c) La Boheme.
4. What kind of music does Julian hear as he walks back to his room in Chapter 6?
5. What are jocotillos?
(c) Special horses.
(d) Tiny plums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keys does Professor Saavedra give Julian access to?
2. What is Julian happy to find in the room he rents in Guatemala City?
3. How does Julian reach Guatemala City after he leaves the steamship?
4. What is bothering Saavedra about his formal wear as he goes to Don Manuel's party?
5. What did Julian deliver to the presidential palace when he visited with Saavedra?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)