|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wave of the Gods, Chapters 13, 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "cirio"?
(b) Thick candles to give to St. Rita's statue.
(c) Special dessert.
(d) A mule's name.
2. What does Julian say is inside his head asking questions?
(a) Two carrion birds.
(b) His father's voice.
(c) His mother's voice.
(d) A judge's voice.
3. Who does Sol's nanny say will be coming to find her?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her love.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The police.
4. What nickname does Sol's nanny call her?
5. What does Sol's nanny tell her to do when the heavy incense smoke makes her eyes tear up?
(a) Keep staring without blinking.
(b) Close them.
(c) Wipe them with a tissue.
(d) Turn away from the statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia put on the back of the newspaper article about Julian?
2. What does Lucia do that astonishes her aunts in Chapter 14?
3. What does Senor Fremin give Julian before he leaves for Guatemala City?
4. What kind of courses does Julian teach part-time in Chapter 7?
5. What does Julian do when the organ grinder's monkey puts his tin cup in front of him?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)