|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chirilingo, Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the Prologue?
(a) Guatemala City.
2. What is Julian awaiting from Zaragoza, Spain?
(a) Copy of his diploma.
(b) Birth certificate.
(c) Work papers.
(d) Tax forms.
3. What does Julian do when the organ grinder's monkey puts his tin cup in front of him?
(a) Shakes his head sternly.
(b) Turns his empty pockets inside out.
(c) Puts money into it.
(d) Turns away.
4. What does Senor Fremin give Julian before he leaves for Guatemala City?
(a) Money and a letter of introduction.
(b) A new jacket.
(c) A hug.
(d) A haircut.
5. What are the ingredients for balche, the sacred drink Sol must drink in honor of St. Rita?
(a) Chocolate and coffee.
(b) Wine with oranges.
(c) Honey and the bark of the bacab tree.
(d) Millk and sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sol writing in when the reader first meets her?
2. What nationality is the organ grinder that Julian sees in the park?
3. What does Senor Fremin write to ask a colleague?
4. How long does it take Julian to travel to Guatemala City through the jungle?
5. What nationality is Professor Saavedra?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)