|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chirilingo, Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol's nanny tell her to do when the heavy incense smoke makes her eyes tear up?
(a) Keep staring without blinking.
(b) Turn away from the statue.
(c) Close them.
(d) Wipe them with a tissue.
2. What does Julian lose when he is walking home in Chapter 6?
(a) His revolver.
(b) A book.
(c) The pale cream piece of paper.
(d) Pocket money.
3. Why does Sol say she agreed to visit St. Rita?
(a) Out of deep belief in her powers.
(b) To get her nanny to stop bothering her.
(c) She is conducting a study.
(d) She wants to see what others pray for.
4. What does Julian say he will be in his life?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A thinker.
(c) A talker.
(d) A doer.
5. What is the El Ultimo?
(c) Hiking Shop.
(d) Name of a park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was Julian exiled from his country of birth?
2. Who needs to approve Julian's application for work?
3. How long does it take Julian to travel to Guatemala City through the jungle?
4. What kind of work does Saavedra offer Julian in Chapter 4?
5. What does the organ grinder's monkey do when people place a coin in his tin cup?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)