|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chirilingo, Chapters 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol see when she stands before the statue of St. Rita?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A handsome young man.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Sol's nanny say she must do to prepare for her visit to the shrine of St. Rita?
(a) Eat heartily.
(b) Drink wine.
(c) Curl her hair.
(d) Fast after midnight.
3. How does St. Rita show her answers to people's prayers?
(a) By giving them a sign.
(b) Through violent storms.
(c) Through tears of blood on the statue.
(d) By talking to them.
4. What does Julian dream of the first night in the jungle in Guatemala?
(d) Lucia and a better life.
5. What does Pellejuda mean?
(c) Bag o' Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds awaken Sol from her siesta at the beginning of the novel?
2. How old is Julian at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why did Julian leave Mexico City?
4. What does Senor Fremin give Julian before he leaves for Guatemala City?
5. What is the setting of the Prologue?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)