|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eruption, Chapters 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sol tear up and give to Julian at her coming-of-age party?
(c) Dance card.
2. What does Professor Saavedra say about Sol in the carriage ride home that Julian remembers later that night?
(a) "What a nice girl."
(b) "She looks like her mother, doesn't she?"
(c) "She is beautiful, isn't she?"
(d) "You both looked fine dancing together."
3. What does Pellejuda mean?
(c) Bag o' Bones.
4. What subject is Julian writing about in his notebook at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
(a) It is never to be broken.
(b) It can always be revised.
(c) A judge can decide to change it.
(d) He must petition a priest to change it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julian say Sol is?
2. What is Lucia's reaction to the news that she and Julian are moving from Guatemala?
3. At the beginning of the novel, how many weeks had passed since Julian left Mexico City?
4. What does Julian say is inside his head asking questions?
5. What is the name of the statue that Julian sees in El Parque de La Victoria?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)