|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chirilingo, Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Professor Saavedra?
2. What does Senor Fremin write to ask a colleague?
(a) For recommendations on airfare.
(b) For directions.
(c) For money.
(d) About a teaching position for Julian.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how many weeks had passed since Julian left Mexico City?
4. What does Julian say about Saavedra in Chapter 5?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is too shy.
(c) He's a really good man.
(d) He's impossible to talk with.
5. What did Julian write about in Mexico City that caught the attention of government officials?
(a) Support of the government.
(b) Mexican educational awards.
(c) Mexican food.
(d) Individual freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the flaming lanterns on the streets of Guatemala look like to Julian at night?
2. How does St. Rita show her answers to people's prayers?
3. What does Sol have to climb when she visits St. Rita?
4. What kind of towers does Julian see when he first views Guatemala City?
5. What is a "cirio"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)