|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wave of the Gods, Chapters 17, 18, 19, and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian do when the organ grinder's monkey puts his tin cup in front of him?
(a) Turns away.
(b) Turns his empty pockets inside out.
(c) Puts money into it.
(d) Shakes his head sternly.
2. What is the name of the statue that Julian sees in El Parque de La Victoria?
(a) Gautemalan Revolution.
(b) The Spirit of Guatemala.
(c) The Mighty General.
(d) Children at Play.
3. What is the El Ultimo?
(a) Hiking Shop.
(b) Name of a park.
4. What happens when a Cuban man gives his word of honor?
(a) It is never to be broken.
(b) He must petition a priest to change it.
(c) A judge can decide to change it.
(d) It can always be revised.
5. What is Julian awaiting from Zaragoza, Spain?
(a) Work papers.
(b) Copy of his diploma.
(c) Tax forms.
(d) Birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Manuel cancel so Julian will fulfill his obligation to the minister of arts?
2. Where does Sol keep her diary hidden?
3. What did Juan de Dios Rosado write that Don Manuel is having performed at his party?
4. What tree is in full bloom as Julian walks home in Chapter 6?
5. What does Julian say about Saavedra in Chapter 5?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)