• The story begins in 1877 with Sol, a beautiful eighteen-year-old who is contemplating the day's events in her diary.
• Sol's nanny, Xenufla, has taken her to the place where people beseech St. Rita for special requests.
• Xenufla thinks that Sol needs a husband.
• Sol has attracted many young suitors, but she is not interested.
• She doesn't think St. Rita can help her.
• Sol eventually agrees to visit the town of Jocotenango where the saint's statue is enshrined.
• Xenufla gives Sol strict instructions on preparing to visit the statue.
• She must fast and remain silent.
• They leave early the next morning to arrive promptly at noon.
• Sol climbs the mountain and approaches the shrine with trepidation.
• She soon starts to shake and thinks an earthquake is occurring.
• It is Sol who is shaking.
• The statues eyes transform into the dark blue eyes of a handsome young man.
• Sol reports...
This section contains 1,816 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)