Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
The water in the world may be plentiful, but that does not necessarily mean it is usable for humans.
Part 1: Why is much of the water on the Earth not drinkable?
Part 2: What are some causes for the most recent water pollution findings?
Part 3: How do pollutants travel from one water source to another?
Carson offers solutions to the troubles of 'weeds' and insects as well, not just a litany of troubles that are being caused by man's need for control.
Part 1: What are some ways Carson says one could naturally control the spread of 'weeds'?
Part 2: What are some of the ways Carson suggests to control insects that are unwanted in a particular area?
Part 3: Doesn't any form of control harm the environment? Why or why not?
In the end, Carson explains there are number ways of controlling pests and problems in the environment - without causing harm.
Part 1: Describe the suggestion of sterilization as it applies to controlling insects.
Part 2: Describe the suggestion of using the insects' own chemical processes.
Part 3: Describe the process of forest hygiene.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)