Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
The public health problem that comes along with pollution is one of the fears of those in the environmental movement. If things can not be controlled, disaster might strike.
Part 1: Why have the old public health problems of disease become less of an issue today?
Part 2: What are the new public health crises?
Part 3: Why is it so important to public health to control pollution and chemical exposure now?
The idea of weeds seems to be more of a man made idea rather than a real threat to the world.
Part 1: Describe how Carson sees the presence of weeds in relation to humans.
Part 2: Why are weeds still important to the Earth?
Part 3: Describe the example of the sagebrush versus the grasslands in the American West.
The water in the world may be plentiful, but that does not necessarily mean it is usable for humans.
Part 1: Why is much of the water on the Earth not drinkable?
Part 2: What are some causes for the most recent water pollution findings?
Part 3: How do pollutants travel from one water source to another?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)