|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ health problems used to be caused by diseases like smallpox, cholera, and the plague.
2. Our chemical attacks on insects have weakened entire ___________.
3. Where do the fish go from #97 do in order to spawn and to perpetuate their kind?
4. What kind of control is actually more effective and less costly than mass spraying?
5. One changed __________ can affect the entire body system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The public health problem that comes along with pollution is one of the fears of those in the environmental movement. If things can not be controlled, disaster might strike.
Part 1: Why have the old public health problems of disease become less of an issue today?
Part 2: What are the new public health crises?
Part 3: Why is it so important to public health to control pollution and chemical exposure now?
Essay Topic 2
Animals are just as affected by the use of insecticides and pesticides as the pests themselves.
Part 1: What are some of the ways in which animals are affected by the chemical use?
Part 2: How are the animals exposed to the chemicals in the first place?
Part 3: What might be the long term affects of the harm of animals in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Spraying campaigns were once the normal thing to do in order to take control of insect populations - but they are now seen as devastating actions to take.
Part 1: Describe the results of the gypsy spraying campaign.
Part 2: Describe the results of the fire ant eradication.
Part 3: Why are insects so crucial to save in relation to the environment and its ecosystems?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)