Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
Life is something that has existed for millions of years, but the introduction of humans has altered the way life has changed.
Part 1: What does Carson have to say about the way humans have affected the world around them?
Part 2: What does Carson say about how the environment generally interacts with itself?
Part 3: What does Carson mean by the idea that "life does not have the luxury of time?"
Spraying campaigns were once the normal thing to do in order to take control of insect populations - but they are now seen as devastating actions to take.
Part 1: Describe the results of the gypsy spraying campaign.
Part 2: Describe the results of the fire ant eradication.
Part 3: Why are insects so crucial to save in relation to the environment and its ecosystems?
The cycle between the various areas of the environment begins to reveal just how intertwined everything is - and how horrible it would be if one part of the cycle is disrupted.
Part 1: Describe the cycle that takes place between the plants, the soil, and the animals.
Part 2: Why is the soil so important in this life cycle?
Part 3: What is the role of the insects and the mites in the soil?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)