Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
Essay Topic 1
The cycle between the various areas of the environment begins to reveal just how intertwined everything is - and how horrible it would be if one part of the cycle is disrupted.
Part 1: Describe the cycle that takes place between the plants, the soil, and the animals.
Part 2: Why is the soil so important in this life cycle?
Part 3: What is the role of the insects and the mites in the soil?
Essay Topic 2
As all of the Earth's water systems are connected, the pollution of one means the pollution of them all.
Part 1: Summarize one of the examples Carson presents in Chapter 4. What happened during this time of water pollution?
Part 2: What are the main concerns with it comes to water pollution?
Part 3: Is there any way to stop water pollution? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
But the truth is that mass spraying is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
Part 1: What are some other causes of chemical contamination in the world?
Part 2: Is most people's chemical exposure little by little or in one large dose? Why?
Part 3: What are some of the everyday sources of chemicals in our lives?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)