|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Our __________ carry thousands of years of adaptation and evolution to us.
2. _______________ can be much more effective at controlling budworm.
3. What kind of disease can fleas carry and then transmit to humans as a result of a bite?
4. The limits the government has established regarding chemical levels in foods are __________.
5. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The public health problem that comes along with pollution is one of the fears of those in the environmental movement. If things can not be controlled, disaster might strike.
Part 1: Why have the old public health problems of disease become less of an issue today?
Part 2: What are the new public health crises?
Part 3: Why is it so important to public health to control pollution and chemical exposure now?
Essay Topic 2
But the truth is that mass spraying is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
Part 1: What are some other causes of chemical contamination in the world?
Part 2: Is most people's chemical exposure little by little or in one large dose? Why?
Part 3: What are some of the everyday sources of chemicals in our lives?
Essay Topic 3
To help avoid using too many chemicals, some people have resorted to selective spraying.
Part 1: Describe what selective spraying is and how it is used in the world.
Part 2: What are the advantages of selective spraying?
Part 3: What are the disadvantages to selective spraying?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)