|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There has been a huge increase in the incidence of ___________ and in our awareness of it in fewer than 200 years.
2. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
3. The fish may die some time after spraying as the toxins can be released from ____________.
4. Foods derived from and containing __________ contain the largest amounts of chemicals.
5. The narrow ___________ is the tiniest structure in the human body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To help avoid using too many chemicals, some people have resorted to selective spraying.
Part 1: Describe what selective spraying is and how it is used in the world.
Part 2: What are the advantages of selective spraying?
Part 3: What are the disadvantages to selective spraying?
Essay Topic 2
The use of pesticides is so rampant that it is causing troubles already, even at the time that this book was published in 1965.
Part 1: Why are pesticides so rampant in the world?
Part 2: What do scientists have a hard time doing because of the widespread use of pesticides?
Part 3: What are some of the physical effects of pesticide use? Where are pesticides now found?
Essay Topic 3
Pests are some of the main targets of chemicals in the world. Humans try to kill pests every chance they get, in a variety of different ways and for numerous reasons.
Part 1: What are some of the pests humans try to rid the world of?
Part 2: What happens when a pest is eradicated from an area?
Part 3: What happens to the soil that is in the area where the pests have been eradicated?
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)