|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are many chemicals sold in that could result in high chemical exposure if dropped by the consumer?
2. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
3. The long term effects of chemical exposure, per Carson, are easy to ignore as long as they are ___________.
4. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
5. ______________ is the basic process of life creation for everything from amoebae to humans.
Essay Topic 1
The cycle between the various areas of the environment begins to reveal just how intertwined everything is - and how horrible it would be if one part of the cycle is disrupted.
Part 1: Describe the cycle that takes place between the plants, the soil, and the animals.
Part 2: Why is the soil so important in this life cycle?
Part 3: What is the role of the insects and the mites in the soil?
Essay Topic 2
The water in the world may be plentiful, but that does not necessarily mean it is usable for humans.
Part 1: Why is much of the water on the Earth not drinkable?
Part 2: What are some causes for the most recent water pollution findings?
Part 3: How do pollutants travel from one water source to another?
Essay Topic 3
Spraying campaigns were once the normal thing to do in order to take control of insect populations - but they are now seen as devastating actions to take.
Part 1: Describe the results of the gypsy spraying campaign.
Part 2: Describe the results of the fire ant eradication.
Part 3: Why are insects so crucial to save in relation to the environment and its ecosystems?
This section contains 1,471 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)