Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
Essay Topic 1
But the truth is that mass spraying is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
Part 1: What are some other causes of chemical contamination in the world?
Part 2: Is most people's chemical exposure little by little or in one large dose? Why?
Part 3: What are some of the everyday sources of chemicals in our lives?
Essay Topic 2
Nature, despite all the humans do to it, still seems to put up a fight when it comes to the damage humans cause.
Part 1: In what ways does Nature fight back against pollution?
Part 2: Why don't we just let Nature take care of itself instead of taking control of the pollution situation?
Part 3: What are the two critical facts that humans overlook when it comes to nature?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter, "Rivers of Death," the plight of the salmon is described in detail.
Part 1: What is the problem with the salmon as described by Carson?
Part 2: How might this problem have affected the surrounding areas?
Part 3: Why can't the fish population help itself? What are some of the ways in which they are going to have a lot of troubles rebounding from this decimation?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)