|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One changed __________ can affect the entire body system.
2. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
3. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
4. What are printed in tiny type and largely ignored by consumers?
5. The smallest _______ reveals a whole universe of relationships within the body
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of weeds seems to be more of a man made idea rather than a real threat to the world.
Part 1: Describe how Carson sees the presence of weeds in relation to humans.
Part 2: Why are weeds still important to the Earth?
Part 3: Describe the example of the sagebrush versus the grasslands in the American West.
Essay Topic 2
Carson attempts to explain that humanity's ever growing need to control the world is actually what is damaging it the most.
Part 1: What are some ways in which humanity attempts to control the natural world?
Part 2: What are the aftereffects of these methods of control?
Part 3: How can controls be altered so that they are not harmful in their applications?
Essay Topic 3
The water in the world may be plentiful, but that does not necessarily mean it is usable for humans.
Part 1: Why is much of the water on the Earth not drinkable?
Part 2: What are some causes for the most recent water pollution findings?
Part 3: How do pollutants travel from one water source to another?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)