|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the chemical DDT cause in fish?
(a) Color changes
2. Foods derived from and containing __________ contain the largest amounts of chemicals.
(b) Animal fats
3. Our __________ carry thousands of years of adaptation and evolution to us.
(b) Skin cells
4. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
(a) Mass spraying
(b) Nuclear power
(c) Acid rain
5. What kind of disease can fleas carry and then transmit to humans as a result of a bite?
(c) Yellow fever
Short Answer Questions
1. What posed no threat, only a minor annoyance, yet was still the target of a massive spraying campaign?
2. ______ ponds are particularly susceptible to poisoning because of their proximity to chemically treated fields.
3. What are many chemicals sold in that could result in high chemical exposure if dropped by the consumer?
4. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
5. ____________ provides the best ways to control insects, according to Carson.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)