|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A chemically weakened environment opens the door to explosive insect ____________.
(d) Waste buildup
2. _______________ can be much more effective at controlling budworm.
(a) Natural parasites
(b) Organic herbs
(c) Other chemicals
(d) Targeted spraying
3. Some substances can interact with each other in unpredictable ways, increasing their _____________.
4. ______________ is the basic process of life creation for everything from amoebae to humans.
(a) Cell ligation
(b) Cell division
(c) Cell mutation
(d) Cell respiration
5. ______ ponds are particularly susceptible to poisoning because of their proximity to chemically treated fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most state laws regarding chemical contamination are grossly ___________.
2. What kind of disease can fleas carry and then transmit to humans as a result of a bite?
3. Insects are controlled by limitations on the amount of _________ available to them, a fact often overlooked by humans.
4. Where do the fish go from #97 do in order to spawn and to perpetuate their kind?
5. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)