|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chemical residues in _______ are another source of gradual buildup of chemicals in the body.
2. What is not one of the now chemically resistant insects in the United States?
(a) House mosquito
(c) German cockroach
(d) Wood tick
3. ____________ and animals were sprayed directly during the campaign against the gypsy moths.
(a) Building interiors
4. Individual sensitivity to the various toxic substances is extremely ___________.
(d) Useful in measuring limits
5. What kinds of insects are becoming resistant to the chemical sprayings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aisle does Carson think is presented as innocuously as the pickle or laundry detergent aisle?
2. The smallest _______ reveals a whole universe of relationships within the body
3. What do some insects carry that makes their termination so important in today's times?
4. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
5. Some substances can interact with each other in unpredictable ways, increasing their _____________.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)