|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ system is susceptible to damage by toxins like chlorinated hydrocarbons and organic phosphates.
2. The spraying of chemicals became more widespread because of new insecticides and a surplus of ___________.
3. What kind of creature plays a vital role as a source for food, as well as being an aerator, a scavenger, and a source of bait?
(a) Round worm
(b) Earth worm
(c) Fiddler crab
4. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
(a) Brain activity
(d) Blood streams
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
(a) Nuclear power
(b) Acid rain
(d) Mass spraying
Short Answer Questions
1. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
2. All foods, according to Carson, contain some level of such poisonous chemicals as __________.
3. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
4. ______________ is the basic process of life creation for everything from amoebae to humans.
5. The narrow ___________ is the tiniest structure in the human body.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)