|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(a) Fire ants
(b) Brown ants
(c) Army ants
2. ___________ health problems used to be caused by diseases like smallpox, cholera, and the plague.
(b) Upper class
3. Insecticides used against insects that feed on __________ have killed many fish in the South.
4. Chemical residues in _______ are another source of gradual buildup of chemicals in the body.
5. The narrow ___________ is the tiniest structure in the human body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Our chemical attacks on insects have weakened entire ___________.
2. There has been a huge increase in the incidence of ___________ and in our awareness of it in fewer than 200 years.
3. All foods, according to Carson, contain some level of such poisonous chemicals as __________.
4. A chemically weakened environment opens the door to explosive insect ____________.
5. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)