|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The liver can become damaged by the poisons it filters, causing it to become ___________ effective.
(d) Much more
2. All foods, according to Carson, contain some level of such poisonous chemicals as __________.
(b) Bitter orange
3. _______________ has been largely controlled through improved living conditions and sanitation.
(b) Infectious disease
(c) Chemical exposure
4. Individual sensitivity to the various toxic substances is extremely ___________.
(a) Useful in measuring limits
5. What does the narrow window reveal when seen from far away?
(c) Sliver of light
(d) Blue skies
Short Answer Questions
1. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
2. ____________ and animals were sprayed directly during the campaign against the gypsy moths.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. More American children now die from __________ than from any other disease.
5. One changed __________ can affect the entire body system.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)