|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What posed no threat, only a minor annoyance, yet was still the target of a massive spraying campaign?
(a) Gypsy moth
(d) Fire ant
2. What can the chemical DDT cause in fish?
(b) Color changes
3. What did farm animals stop doing as a result of the fire any eradication program?
(a) Gaining weight
(d) Stop producing healthy young
4. It may be impossible to tell what is __________ and what is effect because there may be years between the two.
5. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
(a) Cellular oxidation
(b) ATP production
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is also contaminated because washing does not remove chemicals, nor does cooking.
2. _______________ can be much more effective at controlling budworm.
3. What did the fire any not destroy, even though the US government made claims that it did?
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. The long term effects of chemical exposure, per Carson, are easy to ignore as long as they are ___________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)