|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For almost every human being on the planet, synthetic pesticides are present in _______ and probably in bodily tissues from the beginning.
(b) The placenta
(c) Powdered formula
(d) Mother's milk
2. Farms and orchards do NOT include these trees, in Carson's description.
3. __________ are simply plants that are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
4. What are numerous in both kind and in sheer quantity according to Carson in the opening of the book?
5. Continued use of pesticides could very well damage soil ___________.
(a) Beyond repair
(b) Over time
(c) In some areas
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the birds provide naturally that made their deaths all the more significant?
2. The town Carson describes _________ actually exist.
3. What was not one of the results of the sprayings in Michigan?
4. Since the 1940s, more than 200 chemicals have been created for the purpose of _____________.
5. ____________ can eliminate only the unwanted plants and give the beneficial plants a chance to thrive.
Short Essay Questions
1. What puzzles the doctors during the mysterious blight in this area?
2. How are commercial fishermen affected by the spread of chemicals among the fish population?
3. What have red ants been used for in the matter of forest hygiene?
4. What are some examples of products from a person's everyday life that can contain harmful chemicals?
5. What do more American children die from today than from any other disease, according to the book as it was written in its own time period?
6. What happens when the fat stores of the fish are being drawn upon for energy?
7. What happens during the sterilization method of insect control?
8. Why is the eradication of the sagebrush not going to be an effective move for humans?
9. Where does people's chemical exposure mainly come from, according to Carson?
10. What happens to the liver when it processes chemicals in the body?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)