|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every human being now has contact with _________ every moment of his life - even from conception.
(c) Dangerous chemicals
2. What was applied to a large area of Illinois over an 8 year period in order to try to control the Japanese Beetle?
(a) Bitter orange
3. What is plentiful in the streams, providing good fishing spots since early settler times?
4. Throughout earth's history, living things have __________ with their environment but not changed it.
5. The town Carson describes _________ actually exist.
(b) Does not
Short Answer Questions
1. The Earth's soil is a ______________ of living creatures, all interdependent.
2. Plants and animals specifically ________ to live in whatever their environments are.
3. The Earth itself is ________ only as long as the creatures within it are.
4. ____________ can eliminate only the unwanted plants and give the beneficial plants a chance to thrive.
5. Continued use of pesticides could very well damage soil ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the results of the spraying of the Japanese beetle in Michigan in 1959?
2. What does Carson say the major public health problems used to be caused by?
3. What are some examples of products from a person's everyday life that can contain harmful chemicals?
4. What were some of the lies the government told about the fire any population?
5. What have red ants been used for in the matter of forest hygiene?
6. Describe the cycle of life between the soil, plants, and the animals.
7. Why is it strange that a program was launched against the Southern population of fire ants?
8. What are some of the ways humans have done great damage to other life forms, according to Carson?
9. What is the name of the cancer that develops rapidly in patients?
10. What kinds of foods contain the highest levels of chemicals?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)