|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is evidence that chemicals travel via ____________.
(c) The air
2. Repeated spraying lead to poisoned environments in which not only are resident creatures killed, but also those that _________ there.
(c) Were born
(d) Are near to
3. For almost every human being on the planet, synthetic pesticides are present in _______ and probably in bodily tissues from the beginning.
(a) Mother's milk
(b) Powdered formula
(c) The placenta
4. The Earth's soil is a ______________ of living creatures, all interdependent.
5. What is the name of the naturally occurring mineral that is toxic to humans and most creatures but is still used as a pesticide?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the modern world, life does not have the luxury of ________.
2. What becomes more numerous when the bird population goes down?
3. The population of Japanese Beetles in sprayed areas is ______________ .
4. Spring begins in the United States with the once-familiar ___________.
5. What did the earthworms dine on that infected them with DDT?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are commercial fishermen affected by the spread of chemicals among the fish population?
2. What happens to the liver when it processes chemicals in the body?
3. Why is the eradication of the sagebrush not going to be an effective move for humans?
4. What is contained in food that is another source of lethal chemicals in the human body?
5. What happened when people in Wyoming unintentionally destroyed the willows in a particular area?
6. What are the smallest organisms on the Earth which live in the soil?
7. What was the immediate and devastating result of the spraying of the land for Dutch Elm Disease?
8. What are some examples of products from a person's everyday life that can contain harmful chemicals?
9. What caused the widespread application of chemicals in the time of World War II?
10. What is the name of the cancer that develops rapidly in patients?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)