|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ and animals were sprayed directly during the campaign against the gypsy moths.
(d) Building interiors
2. Fire ants' mounds actually serve to ________ the soil, which is a good thing.
3. The __________ system is susceptible to damage by toxins like chlorinated hydrocarbons and organic phosphates.
4. What is the form of energy which is produced at every stage of the mitochondrial process?
5. ________ are genetically adapting to the chemicals we use to control them.
6. Where do the fish go from #97 do in order to spawn and to perpetuate their kind?
(a) Into the ocean
(b) Into dens
(c) Up the rivers
7. ____________ provides the best ways to control insects, according to Carson.
(a) Chemical engineering
8. ___________ health problems used to be caused by diseases like smallpox, cholera, and the plague.
(b) Upper class
9. Human life adapts to environment changes ____________.
(a) Once in a while
(b) When it takes action
(d) Extremely slowly
10. For many thousands of years, ___________ have returned from the Atlantic each year.
11. The spraying of chemicals became more widespread because of new insecticides and a surplus of ___________.
12. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
13. What did the fire any not destroy, even though the US government made claims that it did?
14. The smallest _______ reveals a whole universe of relationships within the body
(a) Skin cell
15. ______________ is the basic process of life creation for everything from amoebae to humans.
(a) Cell mutation
(b) Cell respiration
(c) Cell division
(d) Cell ligation
Short Answer Questions
1. A chemically weakened environment opens the door to explosive insect ____________.
2. ____________ is also contaminated because washing does not remove chemicals, nor does cooking.
3. The temporary elimination of some ___________ will continue to result in horrific and permanent physical trauma.
4. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
5. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)