|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There has been a huge increase in the incidence of ___________ and in our awareness of it in fewer than 200 years.
2. _______________ can be much more effective at controlling budworm.
(a) Natural parasites
(b) Organic herbs
(c) Other chemicals
(d) Targeted spraying
3. What kind of control is actually more effective and less costly than mass spraying?
4. The long term effects of chemical exposure, per Carson, are easy to ignore as long as they are ___________.
(a) Far away
5. Chemical residues in _______ are another source of gradual buildup of chemicals in the body.
6. ____________ alone have the ability to create carcinogens, which cause cancer.
(c) Human beings
7. ______ ponds are particularly susceptible to poisoning because of their proximity to chemically treated fields.
8. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
(a) In large doses
(b) From food
(c) Day by day
(d) From cars
9. What can the chemical DDT cause in fish?
(a) Color changes
10. For many thousands of years, ___________ have returned from the Atlantic each year.
11. What did farm animals stop doing as a result of the fire any eradication program?
(b) Stop producing healthy young
(c) Gaining weight
12. What organ works to filter out the chemicals that enter the human body?
13. More American children now die from __________ than from any other disease.
14. What do some insects carry that makes their termination so important in today's times?
(c) Deadly diseases
15. The limits the government has established regarding chemical levels in foods are __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because all foods contain chemicals, even in small doses, the human exposure is enormous in the __________.
2. Radiation and arsenic are naturally occurring substances that cause _________.
3. _______________ has been largely controlled through improved living conditions and sanitation.
4. ____________ and animals were sprayed directly during the campaign against the gypsy moths.
5. How long is the typical human generation?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)