|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what war time was the spraying of chemicals made more intense and more widespread?
(c) Civil War
2. Fire ants' mounds actually serve to ________ the soil, which is a good thing.
3. What can the chemical DDT cause in fish?
(b) Color changes
4. Our __________ carry thousands of years of adaptation and evolution to us.
(b) Skin cells
5. What kind of disease can fleas carry and then transmit to humans as a result of a bite?
(b) Yellow fever
6. ___________ health problems used to be caused by diseases like smallpox, cholera, and the plague.
(d) Upper class
7. ______________ is the basic process of life creation for everything from amoebae to humans.
(a) Cell division
(b) Cell ligation
(c) Cell mutation
(d) Cell respiration
8. ________________ are affected because poisoned fish are not a source of food to sell.
(a) Sushi bars
(c) Grocery stores
(d) Commercial fisheries
9. A chemically weakened environment opens the door to explosive insect ____________.
(a) Waste buildup
10. Radiation and arsenic are naturally occurring substances that cause _________.
11. What was the widespread Canadian spraying program designed to control the population of?
(a) Pond spiders
(b) Bacteria levels in the water
(d) Spruce budworm
12. What is the form of energy which is produced at every stage of the mitochondrial process?
13. The ___________ is strictly a forest insect, which is why people were outraged when residential areas were sprayed to control it.
(b) Dutch Elm
(c) Fire ant
(d) Gypsy moth
14. The temporary elimination of some ___________ will continue to result in horrific and permanent physical trauma.
15. ____________ alone have the ability to create carcinogens, which cause cancer.
(b) Human beings
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some insects carry that makes their termination so important in today's times?
2. What is not one of the now chemically resistant insects in the United States?
3. Those who enjoy _________ also lose when the fish population goes down.
4. The ____________ systems of all creatures are adversely affected by DDT and other chemicals, so that this drastic disruption of the unversal currency of life affects the capacity of all living things.
5. Where do the fish go from #97 do in order to spawn and to perpetuate their kind?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)