Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
(b) Golgi Complex
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
(a) Brain activity
(b) Blood streams
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
(a) Acid rain
(c) Nuclear power
(d) Mass spraying
6. What did farm animals stop doing as a result of the fire any eradication program?
(a) Gaining weight
(b) Stop producing healthy young
7. Chemical residues in _______ are another source of gradual buildup of chemicals in the body.
8. What is the form of energy which is produced at every stage of the mitochondrial process?
9. ________________ are affected because poisoned fish are not a source of food to sell.
(b) Sushi bars
(c) Grocery stores
(d) Commercial fisheries
10. What posed no threat, only a minor annoyance, yet was still the target of a massive spraying campaign?
(c) Gypsy moth
(d) Fire ant
11. ____________ and animals were sprayed directly during the campaign against the gypsy moths.
(d) Building interiors
12. What are printed in tiny type and largely ignored by consumers?
(a) Names of products
(b) Package warnings
(c) Ingredient lists
13. The long term effects of chemical exposure, per Carson, are easy to ignore as long as they are ___________.
(b) Far away
14. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(a) Brown ants
(b) Army ants
(c) Fire ants
15. Our __________ carry thousands of years of adaptation and evolution to us.
(d) Skin cells
Short Answer Questions
1. Insects are controlled by limitations on the amount of _________ available to them, a fact often overlooked by humans.
2. It may be impossible to tell what is __________ and what is effect because there may be years between the two.
3. ____________ is also contaminated because washing does not remove chemicals, nor does cooking.
4. What is also destroyed when the target insects are sprayed by chemicals, damaging and changing the ecosystem?
5. ______ ponds are particularly susceptible to poisoning because of their proximity to chemically treated fields.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)