|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
(a) Golgi Complex
2. Individual sensitivity to the various toxic substances is extremely ___________.
(d) Useful in measuring limits
3. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(a) Brown ants
(b) Army ants
(d) Fire ants
4. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
5. Because all foods contain chemicals, even in small doses, the human exposure is enormous in the __________.
6. The fish may die some time after spraying as the toxins can be released from ____________.
(d) Fat stores
7. Which state has abandoned broad eradication in favor of the control in #117?
8. What kind of control is actually more effective and less costly than mass spraying?
9. What did the fire any not destroy, even though the US government made claims that it did?
10. ____________ provides the best ways to control insects, according to Carson.
(b) Chemical engineering
11. The narrow ___________ is the tiniest structure in the human body.
12. During what war time was the spraying of chemicals made more intense and more widespread?
(b) Civil War
13. Radiation and arsenic are naturally occurring substances that cause _________.
14. What kind of creature plays a vital role as a source for food, as well as being an aerator, a scavenger, and a source of bait?
(a) Earth worm
(b) Fiddler crab
(d) Round worm
15. The __________ system is susceptible to damage by toxins like chlorinated hydrocarbons and organic phosphates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scientists believe that human __________ is unrealistic.
2. ________________ are affected because poisoned fish are not a source of food to sell.
3. Our __________ carry thousands of years of adaptation and evolution to us.
4. What can the chemical DDT cause in fish?
5. Chemical residues in _______ are another source of gradual buildup of chemicals in the body.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)