|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For many thousands of years, ___________ have returned from the Atlantic each year.
2. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
(a) Cellular oxidation
(d) ATP production
3. Insecticides used against insects that feed on __________ have killed many fish in the South.
4. The narrow ___________ is the tiniest structure in the human body.
5. A chemically weakened environment opens the door to explosive insect ____________.
(d) Waste buildup
6. Where do the fish go from #97 do in order to spawn and to perpetuate their kind?
(a) Into dens
(c) Into the ocean
(d) Up the rivers
7. The __________ system is susceptible to damage by toxins like chlorinated hydrocarbons and organic phosphates.
8. ______________ is the basic process of life creation for everything from amoebae to humans.
(a) Cell ligation
(b) Cell respiration
(c) Cell division
(d) Cell mutation
9. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
(a) From cars
(b) Day by day
(c) From food
(d) In large doses
10. How long is the typical human generation?
(a) 68 years
(b) 33 years
(c) 83 years
(d) 45 years
11. ______ ponds are particularly susceptible to poisoning because of their proximity to chemically treated fields.
12. What did farm animals stop doing as a result of the fire any eradication program?
(a) Stop producing healthy young
(b) Gaining weight
13. What kind of creature plays a vital role as a source for food, as well as being an aerator, a scavenger, and a source of bait?
(a) Earth worm
(b) Fiddler crab
(c) Round worm
14. ____________ is also contaminated because washing does not remove chemicals, nor does cooking.
(a) Packaged beans
15. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ do not kill people or birds, although the US government said they did.
2. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
3. What kinds of insects are becoming resistant to the chemical sprayings?
4. _______________ has been largely controlled through improved living conditions and sanitation.
5. ________________ are affected because poisoned fish are not a source of food to sell.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)