|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
(b) Blood streams
(c) Brain activity
2. The temporary elimination of some ___________ will continue to result in horrific and permanent physical trauma.
3. One changed __________ can affect the entire body system.
4. During what war time was the spraying of chemicals made more intense and more widespread?
(c) Civil War
5. Most state laws regarding chemical contamination are grossly ___________.
(a) Out numbered
6. What is not one of the now chemically resistant insects in the United States?
(b) Wood tick
(c) House mosquito
(d) German cockroach
7. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
(a) Nuclear power
(b) Mass spraying
(d) Acid rain
8. ___________ health problems used to be caused by diseases like smallpox, cholera, and the plague.
(a) Upper class
9. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
(a) Day by day
(b) In large doses
(c) From cars
(d) From food
10. Radiation and arsenic are naturally occurring substances that cause _________.
11. Fire ants' mounds actually serve to ________ the soil, which is a good thing.
12. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
13. The narrow ___________ is the tiniest structure in the human body.
14. The liver can become damaged by the poisons it filters, causing it to become ___________ effective.
(d) Much more
15. ____________ alone have the ability to create carcinogens, which cause cancer.
(d) Human beings
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the widespread Canadian spraying program designed to control the population of?
2. What is the form of energy which is produced at every stage of the mitochondrial process?
3. Our chemical attacks on insects have weakened entire ___________.
4. What does the narrow window reveal when seen from far away?
5. ______________ do not kill people or birds, although the US government said they did.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)