|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fire ants' mounds actually serve to ________ the soil, which is a good thing.
2. There has been a huge increase in the incidence of ___________ and in our awareness of it in fewer than 200 years.
3. The fish may die some time after spraying as the toxins can be released from ____________.
(a) Fat stores
4. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
5. More American children now die from __________ than from any other disease.
6. All foods, according to Carson, contain some level of such poisonous chemicals as __________.
(a) Bitter orange
7. ______________ do not kill people or birds, although the US government said they did.
(a) Gypsy moths
(c) Fire ants
8. One changed __________ can affect the entire body system.
9. ____________ is also contaminated because washing does not remove chemicals, nor does cooking.
(b) Packaged beans
10. What kind of disease can fleas carry and then transmit to humans as a result of a bite?
(c) Yellow fever
11. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
(a) Golgi Complex
12. ____________ provides the best ways to control insects, according to Carson.
(b) Chemical engineering
13. Human life adapts to environment changes ____________.
(b) Extremely slowly
(c) Once in a while
(d) When it takes action
14. Most people's chemical exposure comes ___________ rather than in mass sprayings.
(a) In large doses
(b) Day by day
(c) From cars
(d) From food
15. ________________ are affected because poisoned fish are not a source of food to sell.
(a) Grocery stores
(b) Commercial fisheries
(d) Sushi bars
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the typical human generation?
2. Which state has abandoned broad eradication in favor of the control in #117?
3. During what war time was the spraying of chemicals made more intense and more widespread?
4. Every cell in the body is involved in the production of ___________.
5. What was the widespread Canadian spraying program designed to control the population of?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)