|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The long term effects of chemical exposure, per Carson, are easy to ignore as long as they are ___________.
(a) Far away
2. What organ works to filter out the chemicals that enter the human body?
3. One changed __________ can affect the entire body system.
4. The American Cancer Society estimates that ______ out of 3 families will be stricken by cancer.
5. _______________ can be much more effective at controlling budworm.
(a) Targeted spraying
(b) Natural parasites
(c) Other chemicals
(d) Organic herbs
6. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
7. There has been a huge increase in the incidence of ___________ and in our awareness of it in fewer than 200 years.
8. What did farm animals stop doing as a result of the fire any eradication program?
(a) Gaining weight
(d) Stop producing healthy young
9. Our chemical attacks on insects have weakened entire ___________.
10. What is also destroyed when the target insects are sprayed by chemicals, damaging and changing the ecosystem?
(b) Water sources
(d) Their natural enemies
11. Where do the fish go from #97 do in order to spawn and to perpetuate their kind?
(a) Into dens
(b) Into the ocean
(c) Up the rivers
12. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
(a) ATP production
(b) Cellular oxidation
13. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
(a) Blood streams
(c) Brain activity
14. More American children now die from __________ than from any other disease.
15. How long is the typical human generation?
(a) 68 years
(b) 45 years
(c) 83 years
(d) 33 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature plays a vital role as a source for food, as well as being an aerator, a scavenger, and a source of bait?
2. Individual sensitivity to the various toxic substances is extremely ___________.
3. Insects are controlled by limitations on the amount of _________ available to them, a fact often overlooked by humans.
4. For many thousands of years, ___________ have returned from the Atlantic each year.
5. Insecticides used against insects that feed on __________ have killed many fish in the South.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)