|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plants and animals specifically ________ to live in whatever their environments are.
(a) Used control
2. The Earth itself is ________ only as long as the creatures within it are.
3. There is evidence that chemicals travel via ____________.
(b) The air
4. DDT seems to be able to be stored in the __________ tissues of the body.
5. What is not produced as a result of not having the pollination process continue?
6. What was infected with chemicals that led to the death of so many robins?
(c) Nest building material
7. Because animals are affected by chemicals, scientists are having a hard time finding uncontaminated animals to serve as _________ in experiments.
8. There is a widespread, critical shortage of ____________ across the globe.
(a) Fresh water
(d) Water treatment
9. Humans __________ plants when an an immediate use is not obvious for a plant.
10. Spraying for the ________ began in the 1950s and resulted in the death of robins.
(a) Fire ants
(b) Gypsy moth
(c) Dutch Elm Disease
(d) French beetles
11. Since the 1940s, more than 200 chemicals have been created for the purpose of _____________.
(c) Pest control
12. _____________ must discern for themselves who is telling the truth.
13. _____________ hurts the soil on a virtually permanent basis, according to Carson.
(a) Wild orange oil
(d) Corn crops
14. All of the Earth's watersystems are _____________, so contamination of a part is contamination of the whole.
(c) At risk
15. The roadsides are lush with trees, ferns, and ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout earth's history, living things have __________ with their environment but not changed it.
2. What did the earthworms dine on that infected them with DDT?
3. Without the Earth's ________, there could be no plants.
4. __________ are simply plants that are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
5. What was applied to a large area of Illinois over an 8 year period in order to try to control the Japanese Beetle?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)