1. What kinds of trees are in the forests described in this chapter?
Three of the kinds of trees mentioned in this opening chapter include maple, birch, and pine trees.
2. Why do the tourists come to see the birds, as stated in this opening chapter?
The tourists come to see the birds during the winter because they are so numerous to behold.
3. What puzzles the doctors during the mysterious blight in this area?
The doctors are puzzled by the fact that people are suddenly becoming ill for no apparent reason.
4. What happens when the bees are suddenly gone from this beautiful American town?
Without the bees, there can be no pollination of the plants and the trees, so there is no fruit in the orchards anymore.
5. What has the environment played an important role in forming, according to this chapter?
The environment has played an important role in forming the different kinds of life, including plants and the animals.
This section contains 2,124 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)