Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of trees are in the forests described in this chapter?
2. Why do the tourists come to see the birds, as stated in this opening chapter?
3. What puzzles the doctors during the mysterious blight in this area?
4. What happens when the bees are suddenly gone from this beautiful American town?
5. What has the environment played an important role in forming, according to this chapter?
6. What makes humans different from the plants and animals in nature, with regard to their ability to do?
7. What are two of the factors which are contributing to the chemical deposits in the earth, water, and living tissues?
8. Where does radiation tend to occur naturally, as it has for many years before the time of the humans?
9. What has happened with synthetic pesticides within less than twenty years of their existence?
10. What did the chemical warfare of World War II lead to?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)