|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "One in Every Four".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because animals are affected by chemicals, scientists are having a hard time finding uncontaminated animals to serve as _________ in experiments.
2. Large-scale, single-crop farming eliminates the _______________ that provided built in control of pests.
3. What is not usable for drinking, irrigation, or industry?
(a) Frozen water
(c) Stream water
(d) Lake water
4. Large areas of Michigan were sprayed in 1959 in order to try to control what insect?
(a) Chinese ladybug
(b) Japanese beetle
5. There is a disagreement among scientists about how much _______ can be safely stored in the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Human life adapts to environment changes ____________.
2. ________________ are affected because poisoned fish are not a source of food to sell.
3. _____________ must discern for themselves who is telling the truth.
4. Farms and orchards do NOT include these trees, in Carson's description.
5. What kind of control is actually more effective and less costly than mass spraying?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)