|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "One in Every Four".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the form of energy which is produced at every stage of the mitochondrial process?
2. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(a) Fire ants
(c) Brown ants
(d) Army ants
3. The title of this chapter comes from Jean Rostand: "The obligation to endure gives us the right to ___________."
(b) Control others
(d) Do what we want
4. Due to pollution in its environment, this kind of bird has suffered from extensive population reduction and sterility issues.
5. What is the name of the chemical that changes form once it enters the environment, becoming another more deadly chemical?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organ works to filter out the chemicals that enter the human body?
2. DDT seems to be able to be stored in the __________ tissues of the body.
3. In the modern world, life does not have the luxury of ________.
4. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
5. Not only do chemicals hurt the soil, but they also ____________ the soil for years.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)