|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Earth's Green Mantle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of substances includes insecticides and pesticides?
(a) Necessary evils
(b) Organic cleaners
(c) Helpful mixtures
(d) Toxic chemicals
2. Large-scale, single-crop farming eliminates the _______________ that provided built in control of pests.
3. Only _________ have gained the ability to reserve the roles and actually change the environment they live in.
(c) Human beings
4. What is the toxin which is released through nuclear explosion?
(d) Gamma rays
5. What lingers on the rooftops in Carson's description of the demise of the environment?
(a) Black birds
(d) White powder
Short Answer Questions
1. The Earth's soil is a ______________ of living creatures, all interdependent.
2. What is the name of the naturally occurring mineral that is toxic to humans and most creatures but is still used as a pesticide?
3. What is used to pollinate the plants and to pollinate the trees?
4. DDT seems to be able to be stored in the __________ tissues of the body.
5. There is a widespread, critical shortage of ____________ across the globe.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)