|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Earth's Green Mantle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because synthetic pesticides are ______, they can easily poison intended and unintended targets.
2. What is plentiful in the streams, providing good fishing spots since early settler times?
3. What happens to the people in the beginning description which puzzles doctors?
(a) They begin to hurt each other
(b) They disappear
(c) They become ill
(d) They have green spots on their faces
4. Without the Earth's ________, there could be no plants.
(b) Human help
5. Since the 1940s, more than 200 chemicals have been created for the purpose of _____________.
(c) Pest control
Short Answer Questions
1. DDT is passed long through the ___________ during the course of nearly everyone's life.
2. Because animals are affected by chemicals, scientists are having a hard time finding uncontaminated animals to serve as _________ in experiments.
3. In 1960, in the Klamath/Tule Lake region, agricultural pesticides were collected in the water bodies of a _____________.
4. What are numerous in both kind and in sheer quantity according to Carson in the opening of the book?
5. The organic ____________ insecticides like Malathion and parathion are in wide use in 1962, when the book was written.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)