|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "Earth's Green Mantle".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacteria, fungi, and algae are the smallest organisms of Earth and they live in the ________.
2. Life is able to adapt to environmental change over _____________, according to Carson.
(a) A decade
(c) A few months
(d) A year
3. What is not usable for drinking, irrigation, or industry?
(a) Lake water
(b) Stream water
(d) Frozen water
4. Plants growing in contaminated soil may carry the contaminants into their _____________.
(d) Neighbor plants
5. Continued use of pesticides could very well damage soil ___________.
(b) Beyond repair
(c) In some areas
(d) Over time
Short Answer Questions
1. The business of chemical _______ is booming because people approach plant life without thinking about any perspective but their own immediate desires.
2. _____________ hurts the soil on a virtually permanent basis, according to Carson.
3. Chemical insecticides and herbicides are challenging because they are _____________.
4. In the modern world, life does not have the luxury of ________.
5. Toxic substances work to stop the body's natural functions; some of them may cause __________ to begin growing.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)