|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Nature Fights Back".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Attempts to control a particular ________ in Clear Lake, California resulted in massive bird death.
2. DDT is passed long through the ___________ during the course of nearly everyone's life.
(a) Exhaust fumes
(b) Packaged foods
(c) Food chain
3. The town Carson describes _________ actually exist.
(a) Does not
4. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(b) Army ants
(c) Brown ants
(d) Fire ants
5. Continued use of pesticides could very well damage soil ___________.
(a) In some areas
(c) Beyond repair
(d) Over time
Short Answer Questions
1. The temporary elimination of some ___________ will continue to result in horrific and permanent physical trauma.
2. The ____________ systems of all creatures are adversely affected by DDT and other chemicals, so that this drastic disruption of the unversal currency of life affects the capacity of all living things.
3. What is contaminated with DDT so that it ends up affecting a human consumer of eggs?
4. A chemically weakened environment opens the door to explosive insect ____________.
5. The Earth itself is ________ only as long as the creatures within it are.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)