|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 "Nature Fights Back".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is plentiful in the streams, providing good fishing spots since early settler times?
2. _____________ is not the only source of chemical contamination in the world.
(b) Mass spraying
(c) Acid rain
(d) Nuclear power
3. The organic ____________ insecticides like Malathion and parathion are in wide use in 1962, when the book was written.
4. Herbicides can change the _________ of plants, making toxic plants more appealing to animals.
5. What is the name of the naturally occurring mineral that is toxic to humans and most creatures but is still used as a pesticide?
Short Answer Questions
1. The town Carson describes _________ actually exist.
2. What was not one of the results of the sprayings in Michigan?
3. Those who enjoy _________ also lose when the fish population goes down.
4. It may be impossible to tell what is __________ and what is effect because there may be years between the two.
5. In 1960, in the Klamath/Tule Lake region, agricultural pesticides were collected in the water bodies of a _____________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)