|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Realms of the Soil".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without plants, there could be no _________ of any kind.
2. Plants growing in contaminated soil may carry the contaminants into their _____________.
(b) Neighbor plants
3. Who has poisoned the entire environment, according to Carson as she will prove in this book?
4. How long can chemicals remain in the soil to which they are applied?
(a) 12 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 1 month
(d) A few days
5. This kind of vegetable absorbs huge levels of poisons, which would have harmed humans if they had eaten the produce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout earth's history, living things have __________ with their environment but not changed it.
2. The title of this chapter comes from Jean Rostand: "The obligation to endure gives us the right to ___________."
3. Chemical insecticides and herbicides are challenging because they are _____________.
4. What is contaminated with DDT so that it ends up affecting a human consumer of eggs?
5. Large-scale, single-crop farming eliminates the _______________ that provided built in control of pests.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)