|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Indiscriminately from the Skies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Large-scale, single-crop farming eliminates the _______________ that provided built in control of pests.
2. The spraying of chemicals became more widespread because of new insecticides and a surplus of ___________.
3. ______________ birds have also died as a result of the elm spraying.
4. Spring begins in the United States with the once-familiar ___________.
(a) Temperature changes
(c) Heavy rains
5. What is not usable for drinking, irrigation, or industry?
(a) Stream water
(c) Frozen water
(d) Lake water
Short Answer Questions
1. Humankind is producing new ________ in the laboratory, though these used to be limited only to nature's actions.
2. What did farm animals stop doing as a result of the fire any eradication program?
3. All of the Earth's watersystems are _____________, so contamination of a part is contamination of the whole.
4. Chemicals can travel down ___________ or in underground aquifers to the bodies of water.
5. What did the fire any not destroy, even though the US government made claims that it did?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)