|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Indiscriminately from the Skies".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spring begins in the United States with the once-familiar ___________.
(c) Temperature changes
(d) Heavy rains
2. The majority of the Earth's surface is covered with __________.
3. Due to pollution in its environment, this kind of bird has suffered from extensive population reduction and sterility issues.
4. During what war time was the spraying of chemicals made more intense and more widespread?
(b) Civil War
5. Large-scale, single-crop farming eliminates the _______________ that provided built in control of pests.
Short Answer Questions
1. The business of chemical _______ is booming because people approach plant life without thinking about any perspective but their own immediate desires.
2. What group of substances includes insecticides and pesticides?
3. __________ are simply plants that are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
4. Fire ants' mounds actually serve to ________ the soil, which is a good thing.
5. In ___________ in the 1950s, the chemical that appeared in the water had actually been created spontaneously by the interaction of other chemicals present.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)