|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Through a Narrow Window".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ hurts the soil on a virtually permanent basis, according to Carson.
(b) Wild orange oil
(d) Corn crops
2. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(a) Brown ants
(b) Fire ants
(d) Army ants
3. For many thousands of years, ___________ have returned from the Atlantic each year.
4. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
(b) Brain activity
(d) Blood streams
5. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
(a) ATP production
(c) Cellular oxidation
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacteria, fungi, and algae are the smallest organisms of Earth and they live in the ________.
2. Plants growing in contaminated soil may carry the contaminants into their _____________.
3. ______ ponds are particularly susceptible to poisoning because of their proximity to chemically treated fields.
4. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
5. Other crops show signs of damage or ______ when planted in contaminated soil.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)