|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Through a Narrow Window".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrow window reveal when seen from far away?
(a) Sliver of light
(c) Blue skies
2. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
3. The fish may die some time after spraying as the toxins can be released from ____________.
(a) Fat stores
4. __________________ is the basis of all life function.
(a) Cellular oxidation
(d) ATP production
5. For many thousands of years, ___________ have returned from the Atlantic each year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cellular structure that contains enzymes which accomplish the work of energy production?
2. What can the chemical DDT cause in fish?
3. Without functioning ____________, even our organs are useless.
4. Without plants, there could be no _________ of any kind.
5. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)