|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Through a Narrow Window".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who enjoy _________ also lose when the fish population goes down.
(a) Sport fishing
(b) Touring the waterways
(c) Scuba diving
2. Many attempts to control ___________ have results in massive fish kills.
(a) Army ants
(c) Brown ants
(d) Fire ants
3. What was the widespread Canadian spraying program designed to control the population of?
(a) Pond spiders
(b) Spruce budworm
(c) Bacteria levels in the water
4. Chemicals that act upon our genes can cause sudden __________, producing new and undesirable changes in subsequent generations.
5. What is the form of energy which is produced at every stage of the mitochondrial process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Insecticides used against insects that feed on __________ have killed many fish in the South.
2. Without plants, there could be no _________ of any kind.
3. What kind of creature plays a vital role as a source for food, as well as being an aerator, a scavenger, and a source of bait?
4. What is the most important earth-dwelling creature, according to Carson?
5. The Earth itself is ________ only as long as the creatures within it are.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)