Chapter 1 "A Fable for Tomorrow"
1. The town Carson describes is one where townsfolk and farmers and wildlife all live in _____________.
(c) The same place
2. The roadsides are lush with trees, ferns, and ____________.
3. Farms and orchards do NOT include these trees, in Carson's description.
4. What are numerous in both kind and in sheer quantity according to Carson in the opening of the book?
5. What are so popular that tourists come to see them every year?
(a) Migratory birds
(c) Fish population
(d) Changing leaves
6. What is plentiful in the streams, providing good fishing spots since early settler times?
7. What happens to the people in the beginning description which puzzles doctors?
(a) They have green spots on their faces
(b) They begin to hurt each other
(c) They disappear
(d) They become ill
This section contains 3,418 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)