Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the origin of Paul's secret, explaining each part of it in detail and why it is significant. Also, explain any metaphors the author uses to portray the impact of the events leading up to Paul's discovery.
Essay Topic 2
While Paul is being questioned by the doctor, his parents react in some very interesting ways.
1) Explain in detail how Paul's mother and father act throughout the entire examination.
2) Which of their responses generates the most significant reactions from Paul, and why?
3) What are the main differences between the way Paul's mother and father respond to his answers? What are the reasons for their differences? Which one does Paul consider to be more of a threat at this point? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Paul's mood and mannerisms change during his examination. What are the events that cause him to change so dramatically? How do his responses contribute to his change? Explain in detail the way Paul feels as the questions become more and more insistent and how he is processing them.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)