|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snow ask Paul about the darkness it is creating?
2. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
3. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
4. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
5. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Silent Snow, Secret Snow, Paul is the main character, but the snow in his mind takes over and moves to the forefront.
1) Explain five reasons why Paul is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
2) Explain five reasons why the snow is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
3) Which character do you think is the central focus of the story? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Paul's mood and mannerisms change during his examination. What are the events that cause him to change so dramatically? How do his responses contribute to his change? Explain in detail the way Paul feels as the questions become more and more insistent and how he is processing them.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Deirdre. What do her character traits represent for Paul? Why does she try to get his attention? What does his response indicate? In general, how does Deirdre illustrate Paul's disconnect with the world he knows? Why is that important to the theme of the story?
This section contains 1,574 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)