Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
What does the lesson Paul is sitting in contrast? Why does the author choose this as the place to start his story? In detail, describe the ways that Miss Buell's lesson provides a representation of reality and how Paul is lost in another world. How is the topic of the lesson significant? Why does it help the reader to understand Paul's fascination with snow? Use specific examples of events from Part 1 to support your analysis.
Why does the author choose snow as the secret that Paul is drawn to? Provide an in-depth analysis of the author's decision and what the snow represents, including its characteristics and the specific ways it is used to display Paul's larger problems.
Describe the character of Deirdre. What do her character traits represent for Paul? Why does she try to get his attention? What does his response indicate? In general, how does Deirdre illustrate Paul's disconnect with the world he knows? Why is that important to the theme of the story?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)