|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
Essay Topic 1
What is the snow's role in Paul's examination, and how does it appear different than it did earlier? What does the snow do for the first time in Part 3, and how does that display a severe problem for Paul? What effect does the snow have on Paul while he is being questioned, and what are the orders it gives him? What do they reveal?
Essay Topic 2
The doctor's examination is a crucial turning point in the story, and for Paul.
1) Describe the doctor's personality and characteristics. How do they add to his ability to evaluate Paul accurately?
2) Describe Paul's interpretation of the doctor and his actions. How does he view himself in comparison to the doctor? Why?
3) What is the major discovery that the doctor makes about Paul? How does he make it? Why does the author choose this character to make it, and how is it important to the story?
Essay Topic 3
In Silent Snow, Secret Snow, Paul is the main character, but the snow in his mind takes over and moves to the forefront.
1) Explain five reasons why Paul is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
2) Explain five reasons why the snow is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
3) Which character do you think is the central focus of the story? Why?
This section contains 1,589 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)