Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the confusion Paul experiences on his way home from school, what causes it, and why it happens close to his own house. What does the confusion cause him to wonder about? How does it make him more anxious and impatient? What does the confusion actually represent, and why is it important to the character's state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
In Silent Snow, Secret Snow, Paul is the main character, but the snow in his mind takes over and moves to the forefront.
1) Explain five reasons why Paul is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
2) Explain five reasons why the snow is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
3) Which character do you think is the central focus of the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Deirdre. What do her character traits represent for Paul? Why does she try to get his attention? What does his response indicate? In general, how does Deirdre illustrate Paul's disconnect with the world he knows? Why is that important to the theme of the story?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)