|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
2. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
3. Which one of the following descriptions is used to describe a part of Paul's room in Part 4?
4. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
5. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ending of Silent Snow, Secret Snow, including the possible explanations for Paul's condition, what is likely to happen to him, and why the author chose to end his story this way. Also, use the entire story as a reference to provide examples that support your interpretation.
Essay Topic 2
In Silent Snow, Secret Snow, Paul is the main character, but the snow in his mind takes over and moves to the forefront.
1) Explain five reasons why Paul is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
2) Explain five reasons why the snow is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
3) Which character do you think is the central focus of the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Paul's mood and mannerisms change during his examination. What are the events that cause him to change so dramatically? How do his responses contribute to his change? Explain in detail the way Paul feels as the questions become more and more insistent and how he is processing them.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)