Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
Essay Topic 1
Aiken keeps the reader's attention through flowing lines and poetic descriptions. Analyze his writing style, including examples of its effectiveness and why it works so well with this particular story. Also, describe how the style changes with the tone and pace of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author choose snow as the secret that Paul is drawn to? Provide an in-depth analysis of the author's decision and what the snow represents, including its characteristics and the specific ways it is used to display Paul's larger problems.
Essay Topic 3
The doctor's examination is a crucial turning point in the story, and for Paul.
1) Describe the doctor's personality and characteristics. How do they add to his ability to evaluate Paul accurately?
2) Describe Paul's interpretation of the doctor and his actions. How does he view himself in comparison to the doctor? Why?
3) What is the major discovery that the doctor makes about Paul? How does he make it? Why does the author choose this character to make it, and how is it important to the story?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)