Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
Paul's mother is an important element to the story.
1) Describe her role in the story as it develops. Which of her characteristics stood out to you the most? Why?
2) Explain the similarities and differences between Paul's mother and father and the way they are both depicted in the story. Which one has a stronger place in Paul's life? Why?
Explain what Paul's thought process is pertaining to his secret and hiding it from everyone.
1) Why does it become more valuable to him if no one is aware of it? How does he think it elevates him to a superior place? Which events in the story illustrate that the most?
2) What does Paul think would happen if his parents learned about the snow? How does he think they would react, and why is that an integral part in his decision to keep it from them?
3) What is the sacrifice that Paul is willing to make with regard to his parents? How is his rationalization one of the deepest signs of his detachment? What is so disturbing about it, and why is he unable to understand the severity of what he is thinking?
What is the snow's role in Paul's examination, and how does it appear different than it did earlier? What does the snow do for the first time in Part 3, and how does that display a severe problem for Paul? What effect does the snow have on Paul while he is being questioned, and what are the orders it gives him? What do they reveal?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)