|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
2. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
3. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
4. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
5. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the origin of Paul's secret, explaining each part of it in detail and why it is significant. Also, explain any metaphors the author uses to portray the impact of the events leading up to Paul's discovery.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the setting of the story and the total length of time that transpires during it. Explain why Aiken chose this setting and time, including examples from from the story to illustrate the ways they both enhance it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the confusion Paul experiences on his way home from school, what causes it, and why it happens close to his own house. What does the confusion cause him to wonder about? How does it make him more anxious and impatient? What does the confusion actually represent, and why is it important to the character's state of mind?
This section contains 1,541 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)