|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
2. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
3. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
4. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
5. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose snow as the secret that Paul is drawn to? Provide an in-depth analysis of the author's decision and what the snow represents, including its characteristics and the specific ways it is used to display Paul's larger problems.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Paul's mood and mannerisms change during his examination. What are the events that cause him to change so dramatically? How do his responses contribute to his change? Explain in detail the way Paul feels as the questions become more and more insistent and how he is processing them.
Essay Topic 3
In Silent Snow, Secret Snow, Paul is the main character, but the snow in his mind takes over and moves to the forefront.
1) Explain five reasons why Paul is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
2) Explain five reasons why the snow is the central character in the story, using all four parts as a reference.
3) Which character do you think is the central focus of the story? Why?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)